Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2022, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Trigger finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzoboy View Post
About a year ago I had Trigger Finger with the middle finger of both hands at the same time. The doctor recommended exercising them. Found a YT video demonstrating what to do. Followed that and both fingers were back to normal after a week. The condition has never returned.
Do you still have the link to the video?

QAPLA!
Old 02-24-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Despite my support for certain political things this thread has nothing to do with any of that. Lately I've been having issues with a couple of the fingers on my left (fretting) hand. Keep in mind that I not only play keyboards but also drums and have a certain amount of dexterity (left/right).

Started noticing it when playing guitar and was having some issues with fretting chords/chords. Missing or misplacing notes where I had no issues before. Turns out I have what's called 'trigger finger' problems. Those interested would do better to Google this than for me try to explain it. Suffice it to say it makes playing guitar and other instruments difficult to play with any facility.

There's no physical pain as such but it's frustrating. And at my age (just turned 70 on Sunday) there's not a hell of a lot that can be done. Ask David Crosby about it.

Not looking for sympathy but I just had to get this out there. Some days there's no problems but some days I have troubles getting through riffs I could before. Also being a drummer losing ease of function on either hand.....

Apologies to those who may be disturbed by this.
My mother (78) is having the same thing while playing piano. She's stop teaching and playing for her church because of that.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-24-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
My mother (78) is having the same thing while playing piano. She's stop teaching and playing for her church because of that.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Must be frustrating for someone who's doing what they love and because of certain physical issues they can't play. Music is what helps keep me together in these times. Don't let your mom become idle; maybe get her a synth action keyboard to play as it might be easier on her.

QAPLA!
Old 02-25-2022, 01:23 PM

She has the 3 types. Full fledge piano. Weighted keyboard, and synth and she is currently struggling on all of them. It is sad as music has been part of her life since she was 3.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-25-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
She has the 3 types. Full fledge piano. Weighted keyboard, and synth and she is currently struggling on all of them. It is sad as music has been part of her life since she was 3.
Sad to read that Manny. I know about music being a part of one's life for a long time. Started at eight on the accordion and I just turned 70 last Sunday. Music helps keep me sane.

I apologize if I've bummed anyone out about this but I just had to get it out there. This community means a lot to me and just being able to share the good and the bad means a lot to me.

QAPLA!
Old 02-25-2022, 03:33 PM

Default Trigger finger

58 year old drummer here with trigger finger on each hand. It is the middle finger. Wondering if it is some sort of karma. Hahahhaa.

What a pain. It sadly is accompanied by a certain amount of pain or discomfort over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-Recording Mixer/Sound Designer
Nova Scotia Canada

OS Ventura 13.0
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12
Mac Studio Max 32GB Ram

OS 10.8.5
Pro Tools HD Accel Version 10.3.8
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 32GB Ram