Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Multiple outputs for multiple players.

We've got a Furman headphone monitoring system that takes 4 mono signals and a stereo signal, sends it out ethernet to all the musicians work stations in the studio, each musician can control their own headphone mix, and never has to ask the engineer for "more this" "more That"

we usually run it 1 - click - 2 Bass / Kick - 3 guitar - 4 Ghosts (vox etc) and Stereo - Stereo things, Overheads, piano, pre-production etc.

the current setup is as follows.

192 i/o tdif in and out of the Control24 - optic 1-8 of 192 into an alesis HD24 - then Alco connected to an alesis X-2 console.

This allows us to create monitoring sub groups in pro-tools to send out to the headphones, through light pipe / hd24 / X2

I'd like to get rid of the X2 - HD24 - the only use for it has been an elaborite headphone rig, anyone have any clever ideas on how to achieve this same scenario, without doing what I'm currently doing ?

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 05-08-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Multiple outputs for multiple players.

track>pre fader send>buss out>aux track>interface output
When you open a send on a channel there's a popup where you can select it's destination, select a buss, create an aux track and select the buss as its input then select an output on your interface as its output, connect that output to your furman system. Make a template because it takes a bunch of time to make all of this. I find it extremely convenient that you can use send 1 on track 1 to feed buss 1 and send 1 on track2 to feed buss 2 it's like having 1000 sends (64). You can skip the aux track if you want but it makes it easier to keep track of your cue mix, I have one page with the record tracks and another with the aux mixer or you can lay them side by side if you want. Leave the send level at 0 (option click), the aux tracks are very much like audio tracks, if players want to hear more treble on a track you can throw an eq over it and not effect the original which may not need it. I have the Furman 16 channel model 8 mono and 4 stereo, on stereo D I put my mix which stops the rush to the CR for playback Stereo D has a solo function, I hit a switch and everyone hears only my mix, time saver. oh yeah, to do this you will probably need a patch bay or a break out cable, patch bay is better, with the breakout cable you'll lose your surround monitoring capabilities, or you'll need another interface 192I|O $3995 or a 192D|A card $1295.