Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM

Default New MBox2/PTLE 7.3.1 user - 7.4 upgrade question

Hi all,
First post here...

I recently purchased a used MBox2 w/ PTLE 7.3.1 from a coworker. My coworker also purchased a paid upgrade to PTLE 7.4 at that time back in 2008, but only downloaded the Mac version since that's what he was using. I already have PTLE 7.3.1 up and running but would like to download the Windows version of the 7.4 upgrade as well since I don't have a Mac. Plus, PTLE 7.3.1 won't run on my Vista partition so I have no "real" interface to use for any of my audio apps there.

I have a copy of the PTLE 7.4 upgrade confirmation email, as well as the Authorization code. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to access the full download itself - I can only see the "cs" udates. Any ideas?

Thanks
SteveC
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM

Default Re: New MBox2/PTLE 7.3.1 user - 7.4 upgrade question

Well... I was able to resolve this the old-fashioned way - my coworker found his Avid login and password in order to access the full Windows 7.4 download.

I had a @#$% of a time trying to get it installed on Vista though... I kept getting a "Microsoft Register Server has stopped working" error when the installer reached the point where the drivers were being installed. I must have uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired about 10 times, with varying combinations of Run as Admin and XP Compatibility mode, but just couldn't get the installer to finish and register everything.

I finally located a post on these boards suggesting to change the default DEP setting - not just adding regsvr.exe to the exclude list - and that did the trick! Well, almost... I had to manually update the MBOX2 audio drivers after the fact since PTLE couldn't find any hardware device. But now I'm finally up and running, and have a real interface to use on my Vista partition.

Now comes the easy part - learning PTLE...