Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2022, 02:38 AM

Default Don't feed the trolls

It seems to me that we have somewhat of a falling level of quality of advice here on the DUC lately. I see some people posting quite alot, with language seemingly designed to impress, but with obvious flaws and/or assumptions and hearsay or internet myths. You know, like many discussion forums have lots of, but we have had little of, here on the DUC.

I suggest that the best way to meet this is with silence. Just ignore. A trademark for these people is that they love it when you get into arguments with them, so let's not.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Don't feed the trolls

I can admit that sometimes I talk fast and sometimes the trolls (everywhere else on the internet) can make me feel exasperated and maybe the fingers are moving quick just like the assumptions, too! Not saying you were pointing at me, just that I can reflect that sometimes this type might be me, too.

I resonate with your comment here, and reflect that it's always good to back up and think about what one says before saying it, and an online forum is a great opportunity to do so before you post! People aren't mind readers, but many people in many cultures are quick to assume what was meant.

Some of us are new users, some of us a tired users, some of us are quick with words, some of us are professionals that missed a few important lessons about some specific areas that we think "must be the simplest stuff if you think about it."

Good point, Ben!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-01-2022, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Don't feed the trolls

But..........but..........but...........I'm hungry I do think its gotten better as of late. I think maybe the "help us help you" section should be something that everyone should have to read and check a box before they get to post, but we live in a time when people stare at the microwave and say, "COME ON!!!"

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave