Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2014, 01:50 PM

Default Error missing ilok!

My return to Protools was welcomed with the what now seems infamous Error missing iLok message. Please tell me how a so called professional company like Avid can be still using such un reliable systems in 2014. My Protools 9 had been working fine for 4 years and I don't want / need a new machine in order to run PT 11 so I bought the PT10 upgrade instead. I have installed it on a Macbook pro and a MacPro 1.1. The message appears on both and it deleted my PT9 on the MacPro LOL!! So I have no working PT. Its like some kind of sick joke for those of us who seem to be foolish enough to pay for software! Well if anyone has an answer I would be most grateful as I'm not looking forward to the pending adventure trying to get some sense / support for this ridiculous problem. P.s The iLok still seems to authorise PT9 and other plugins so no one need suggest it a usb port or hardware problem.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Error missing ilok!

The upgrade path normally requires the surrendering of the older version so if your 9 license is still working I am assuming you have not completed the upgrade process.

In running over a 150 iLoks I have only had one problem with them and it was one that took a hard hit and the connector broke.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

I don't know, but a possibility...

It looks like you bought an activation code from a third party, but I can't tell for sure.

Since you bought an upgrade to Pro Tools 10 well after the release of Pro Tools 11, it may require an iLok 2, which according to your iLok account, you do not have.

The Pro Tools 10/9 Bundle license does show as installed on one of your 2 iLok 1 devices, so the license is there.

It may be that you need to buy an iLok 2, synch it to your iLok account, and transfer the bundle license from the iLok 1 to the iLok 2.

The Pro Tools 11 Trial license you downloaded is not going to work without an iLok 2 either.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:11 PM

Thanks for responding! Yes a bought it from a third party through eBay.
The ilok manager says it does support the older ilok but anyway. I will try putting it on my other ilok. I'm not concerned about the protools 11 trial as I've since found out my machines may not run it so I went for the PT 10 as I'm not ready to splash out on a new computer just yet.
Btw I never saw anything that said surrender any licences during the activation process.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 PM

well this made me thing you bought an upgrade package
Quote:
I bought the PT10 upgrade instead
you were unclear in what you bought

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-24-2014, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
well this made me thing you bought an upgrade package
you were unclear in what you bought
Not sure what you don't understand! But anyway I transferred the license to another old blue ilok and it now works.

Thanks!