Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Default "Pro Tools LE quit unexpectedly" tried every solution I can find....

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can give me a hand here, I'm dying without protools working for me! Here's the progression of the problem I'm having....

-Working on a session with no problems, suddenly got a warning "Pro Tools is critically low on memory, please save and restart" With the amount of plug-ins i was running amount of processing power my computer has, I shouldn't have this problem to begin with.... but i did as it said.

-Re-opened and continued working, worked for less time then previously and then got the same message. After agreeing to the "...critically low warning..." Pro Tools just "Quit Unexpectedly".

-Re-trys resulted in this specific session not opening and crashing on every attempt with the "Pro Tools quit unexpectedly message" but other sessions still working.

-Restarted my hardware and rebooted computer to try again got the same results until all my other sessions would not open either.

Now none of my sessions will open, all of them result in the unexpected crash upon opening. I've tried a safe un-install and and re-install and a full un-install and re-install and any other fixes I could from on here.

The odd part is I didn't change anything on my computer from when it was working to when it wasn't. So I'm lost!

Any help is much appreciated and needed ASAP as I'm doing all the pre-pro for my band about to enter the studio and need it done and ready!

Thanks so much,
Doug
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM

Default Re: "Pro Tools LE quit unexpectedly" tried every solution I can find....

Also here's all the specs of my gear to help you guys out....

Pro Tools LE 8.0.1

Apple Mac Pro
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB Memory
2 x 1TB internal Harddrives

Digi 003 Control Surface
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Re: "Pro Tools LE quit unexpectedly" tried every solution I can find....

Trashing prefs and database files is step #1 for any odd system behavior

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave