Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 PM

Default answer to digidesign

Quote:

DIGIDESIGN:

Can you give me a complete list of the contents of your plug-ins folder, as well as the version number of each plug-in?

"it's only the ignition pack...absolutely nothing else there...and I have the latest drive for every ignition plug (intel versions)

Did anything change when you tried a new admin account?
"No , nothing...tried to run reason with rewire but as soon as I press play in pro tools i get a 9128, even though there are no audio tracks running or no other plugs"

Are there any other devices attached to the computer? "yes an external hard drive , but I had the same problem before the hard drive so it's not that one"

Still got major problems with error messages. Trying to bounce down a piano from Xpand but it keeps stopping after 30 seconds or so with 9128, 6101 or other cpu messages...and I have nothing else running, no audio nno other plugs activated..nothing...only piano. Tried all the trouble shooting stuff

Posted this a while ago...

"I've just bought a intel mac book (dual 1.83, 512 RAM) and an mbox 2 running the latest update of pro tools (7.1.1 cs..etc).
I just bought an external firewire Hd that I will get in a few days, but I still started testing the system this weekend.
When I play Xpand! (piano) and record one audio chanel I keep getting the -9128 message , (cpu overload) and the recording stops/or playback stops. I've got the new version of Xpand for intel. The same thing happens when I run Reason with Rewire, even if I only play back a drumloop. Seems imposible that this simple task can cause such a stress on the CPU. I plan to get more RAM as well but still think I should be able to run a drumloop from reason and record on track without break down.
I've tried different settings in the audio engine but can't really see any difference. I don't have any old plugs in the digi folder or nothing else installed but Pro tools, no internet.. nothing. I've searched threads here and see that some people have had the same problems, but I still haven't found a solution. I know the internal HD is slow etc, but I could run 20x more stuff on my 7 year old pentium 3 (450Mhz-512RAM) so I know there must be a bug somewhere"

The external HD (400 firewire with 911 chip" is up and running now but I still get loads of 9128 messages, and I've checked all the general trouble shooting stuff on this forum. Very frustrating cause playback/recording stops when this happens. Only trying to run a string pad from xpand + 3 audio tracks. the cpu meter is only on 5-10%. The Mbox is in the recomended usb port.
Anyone? Starting to piss me off to be honest...seems like I'm not the only one with this problem...oh, I've got the newest intel updated for all the ignition pack plugs and no other plugs installed.

DIGIDESIGN

Can you give me a complete list of the contents of your plug-ins folder, as well as the version number of each plug-in?

Did anything change when you tried a new admin account?

Are there any other devices attached to the computer?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: answer to digidesign

If you've only tried one of the USB ports, try the other one.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 PM

512mb of RAM is definitely not enough to run Reason and PT at the same time, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's causing your problem with Xpand! as well. 512mb is the absolute minimum to get PT running, trying to run soft-synths, rewired apps and samplers without at least a Gigabyte of RAM is next to futile.

To break it down for ya... Reason's minumum RAM requirements are 256mb and for PT it's 512mb, so right there you'd need at least 768mb to run both at the same time, again that's before you load any samples, record/playback any audio etc. all of which require more memory. It may not be the final solution to all the errors you're getting, but you'd at least be up to speed as far as system requirements go if you get 1gb or more in there (I'd recommend at least 2gb if you're planning on using Reason w/PT).

Also, there's a thread for General Setup & Troubleshooting near the top of the forum, it sounds like you've done some of the stuff in there already but I wanted to point it out in case you hadn't read the whole thing.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:36 PM

ok, thanks...yeah I know 512mb ram is not enough, but I was still a but surprised...I used to be able to run loads of vst plugs +
a 1GB Giga Sampler Grand Piano with my old pc (athlon xp1700 with 512 Ram) running Nuendo. But I guess Pro Tools pushes the computer more...ok cheers with get some more Ram...