Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-20-2022, 11:20 AM

Default Can't locate saved music

Hi All,

I'm about a year new to pro tools and wanted to see if anyone has had this issue. I just recently logged into my pro tools account and saw that all my saved files were gone, as well as in the cloud. Does anyone know how to retrieve files that have been lost and/or why this happens? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2022, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Can't locate saved music

You got backups? In session (not cloud project) format? If so just restore them. You don't have session backups... well...

If you are using Pro Tools projects/cloud collaboration? That is a buggy mess that very few people actually use, and many many people have reported on DUC as having problems (and most of those were Pro Tool First posts and were all deleted when Pro Tools first was killed... guess one of the main reasons it was likely killed). Using that was well very brave and unadvised, but not your fault, Avid's engineering of and support for this appears just awful. But that is no excuse for you not to have some form of independent backup. Never trust any single storage or any single vendor with your work.

So stop using Pro Tools cloud projects. Work with local sessions, you can back those up to cloud or other local drives, or share via the cloud if careful. It's all more reliable than Projects and effectively what almost all other user do.

Other users here cannot help you recover any Avid cloud projects, hopefully Avid support can help you, you need to contact them, purchase an ASC (Avid Support Code) if you don't have current support. https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

If you are doing something else, using some other cloud or other storage explain clearly what you are doing.

You are using Pro Tools 12? What exact version? On what exact OS? Have a read "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page for the type of information that can be helpful.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-20-2022 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Can't locate saved music

Hi

Well glad I read this before using Avid Cloud! For the life of me I simply could not find any url that connected me to avid cloud like I can with either dropbox or onedrive.

Sounds like best to save locally and then backup manually to dropbox or oneddrive. But Avid are missing a trick, they should simply provide easily accessible cloud storage given the huge subs we are paying!
cheers
H