Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Dear Digi - please break up with NativeInstruments

Dear Digi,

I have had terrible experiences with the Dynamo product (which I got with my Digi001 Factory). And the $99 upgrade to Reaktor Session for use with my upgrade to PT6. The product - while in theory, seems decent - is, in practice, a nightmare. And the promised fixes from NI - have never materialized. The last downloadable fix was posted on their site on 9/19/03.

Again, in theory, the product sounds good. But in practice it is awful. If you don't believe me, check out the forums in the NI boards.

I feel cheated. I got suckered into the $99 upgrade for a useless product.

And I partially blame ProTools for associating with this product/company.

Please ProTools, break up with NI. She is no good for you.

Seriously. Break off the relationship. Do not endorse this garbage or you will make your faithful customers hate you as much as they hate Reaktor Session.

Thanks,

JP
Old 05-13-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Dear Digi - please break up with NativeInstrum

Control issues ? Don't shrink on Digi...everyone knows that the Dynamo line was at best a little tricky to configure, but after doing your homework, it worked OK.. Sorry to be harsh, but NI is all right by me.

Best,

Kenny
Old 05-13-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Dear Digi - please break up with NativeInstrum

I love my NI products!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Dear Digi - please break up with NativeInstruments

I did my homework on Dynamo, and I found it very tricky to configure. It gathered dust for quite awhile. Once I figured it out, it worked o.k. but definitely never got developed to its potential.

I'd be happy enough if they could achieve those results with Reaktor Session. Perhaps I cast too wide a net by criticizing all NI product.

So I shall edit my critique.

Reaktor Session, specifically, is complete garbage, and DIGI should let it's customers know this.

If anyone out there can tell me differently, I'd love to hear.

I'd be happy as a clam to find out that it is something I am doing wrong that can be corrected.

But as far as I can tell, and from what I read on the NI Forum...there are a lot of angry consumers out there.

Just because NI's higher end products might work wonderfully, doesn't mean they should ignore the more economical user.

If they never intended to make Reaktor Session work correctly, they should not have offered this upgrade to Dynamo...they should have offered a better deal to get the full version of Reaktor.

In any event, Dynamo was unnecessarily difficult to set up and a memory hog.

And while Reaktor Session wasn't that difficult to set up, it's the only application so far that has crashed my G4 completely. And, according to NI, my system meets the requirements.

Again, if anyone out there is getting better results with REAKTOR SESSION. Please let me know.