Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-10-2021, 04:40 AM

Default Avid S3 Touch-sensitive fader lock?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere in this forum, but I couldn't find it in search.

I've just recently moved from a set of Artist Mixes to the S3. I'm so used to working on digital mixing desks that only register fader input when touched by something conductive (ie. my finger), otherwise the fader pings back to where it was. The Artist Mix does this, as does the SSL Nucelus and pretty much every other intelligent touch-sensitive controller.

However the S3 doesn't - is there a setting somewhere to enable it? I plonk scores on top of my surface and it changes the mix...!

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:54 PM
Avid

Default Re: Avid S3 Touch-sensitive fader lock?

Are you sure the Artist Mixes behaved differently? If it were the case that the faders sprang back, then the motors would be permanently on, trying to get back to position and burn out. I just checked my S1 and Dock and they don't spring back either unless there's automation and they do then. I checking with PT what DAW are you using?