How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 PM

Default Tempo Tap Delay Plugins

Hello,

Is there a good quality Tempo Tap Delay Plugin out there? I have the Line 6 Echo Farm delay that has it, but the delay sounds like a stomp box (Line 6 Echo Farm) which it is. Plus the tempo tap is a mouse click on the button icon on the monitor. It would be nice to have a real button like the "user" button that hasn't been used yet (on the Venue, not sure about the Profile) to tap out the tempo of the delay.

Any ideas?

thanks

Mike
Old 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Tempo Tap Delay Plugins

I agree...I've never been pleased with the Line 6 plug as vocal delay I know it's not really made for that purpose, but it's the closest one we have among the ones provided. I'd be interested to hear if there's a Venue-compatible delay plugin better suited for vocals.

Based on the way the system is designed, using a hardware button for delay time is not likely to be an option. Sheldon may elaborate...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Avid

Hi,

I agree, some of the analog emulations are a bit much when all that's needed is a simple, clean delay. The included Digi Mod Delay plug-in is fine for basic effects, but lacks a tap tempo feature. Eventide has a pretty sophisticated delay plug-in in their Anthology bundle that's worth checking out.

Also check out the delay plug-in offered by Massey. I don't have much direct experience with it but I've heard from others that it sounds great and the price can't be beat. It is compatible with VENUE, but but requires manual installation.

As for the tap tempo discussion check out this thread, which pretty much sums it up.

Sheldon
Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 PM

I use Waves MultiTap from the LIVE Bundle. I do use the Line 6 also as a secondary delay.
Engineer/Producer, StrobeAlific Media
St. Louis, MO
Old 03-13-2008, 11:28 PM

Sheldon,

I'd like to give the Massey stuff a try-- could someone post a nice simple step by step how to do a manual install for those of us who are just a tad clueless when it comes to computer related stuff.

Thanks

Scott "spoiled by his Mac" Fahy
Old 03-14-2008, 04:12 AM

Hi !

You should CTRL + Shutdown to exit to the desktop, copy the installers from your usb stick to the user partition of the venue system (start>my computer>...) and run the installers from there. (manual install). I haven;t tried them yet but i think they have serial number authorizations. At some point it will ask you for the serial number.
hope this helps!

Cheers
Dimitris
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM

I have a couple of the Massey plugins: Tapehead and the L2007 Limiter. His stuff is definitely worth checking out.

They use a serial for authorization. Not a problem until you upgrade your software and have to dig up your serial again and reinstall the plugin.

I belive the Massey demo versions are full featured with no expiration--I just think they don't retain their settings when you shut down, though.

Dave