Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Default Click Track - How to \"UN\" accent the click plugin

I'm using the click plug-in on Pro-Tools 7.0. I do NOT want any beats accented. How the heck do I get a uniform click sound?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Click Track - How to \"UN\" accent the click plu

if you click the click plugin, you can change volumes of the accented sound and the unaccented sound - make sure both are on the same level, and you have no accents.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Thank-you for your post. In my experience so far, the actual tone of the accented beat is different, and whether or not they are of equal volume, it still stands out as an accent. I have adjusted in everyway from the plug in volume control side, with no success. If 4/4, then the fourth beat is different, qualitatively made to stand out regardless of volume. If 3/4, then the third beat is not the same as the other 2. It's not a volume issue. Comments?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM

What I do for click may be unconventional but it works for me. I recorded 2 bar clicks at several different tempos and keep them in a seperate folder. The files are named for the bpm. Whenever I need a click, I create an audio track and import one of the files that is the same or close in bpm. If the session tempo is slightly different, I use Serato Pitch 'n Time to stretch/shrink the click file to fit the grid and repeat the file as many times as I need for the song(30-40 times seems to fill a 4 minute tune). Now to your needs, using grid mode, it is dirt simple to just select a single click and paste the same single click at all 4 gridlines of a measure. Now consolidate the entire measure and repeat (Alt-R) as many times as you need. Sometimes I will slap a compressor plugin and squash the click to de-accentuate the downbeat.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 AM

I usually do about the same as above... but.....! I just found this out the other day... There are actually different sounds in the click plug, click (no pun intended) on the menu for the plug (where is says factory setting when loaded) and you'll find several different click sounds... Including several cowbells, a marimba, an mpc click, and several, "rhythm clocks". In this, several are monotone, just the volume is set to be the accent, you can set each to 0.0db and BINGO! plus, then you can save that as your default, so everytime you open it up, you've got the click you want..... I can't believe I didn't realize this until last week.... After 5+yrs of using PT.... Sounds like I'm not the only one though.... Best of luck..

The Note Music
www.myspace.com/thenotemusic
Dual 2.0Ghz PPC 3gb Ram, Digi 002R