How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 10:52 PM

Default Problem Save Copy In Because OMF Import

Hi,

I am a sound editor student, this is a dialogue edit and I imported an OMF as part of the assignment. Something happened with the initial import of the OMF and it appeared it froze, I cancelled it, and reuploaded it successfully. But now when I save copy in, it says these errors. I tried importing it into a fresh session, but the OMF glitch carries over. My back up session without the OMF is hours of work behind. Any insight please, I would really like to fix this, and not hand in a handicapped session. Everything is fine until I save copy in, which is how I didn't notice till I am backing up my session at the end of the day. Please any help will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!! See screenshots for errors and such.

Edit: Sorry posted same screenshot twice, but in that screenshot, you can see the load is frozen and when I cancel it, nothing happens. I only discovered this when I tried importing tracks from my session into a test session.

Edit 2: I also notice there is a (-1) in both the save copy in error message and the screenshot with the uploading bar.

Last edited by drakner; 06-23-2021 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Problem Save Copy In Because OMF Import

Good news got it fixed, removing OMF related files wasn't fix for me. I copied the Entire folder hierarchy to another drive, from there opened the work and ToStage sessions, and for both a few clips were missing, I relinked files, then tried save copy in, it worked! I then traded my save copy in folder with the corrupted one on my main drive. Strangely on my ToStage the OMF glitch happened again, and save copy in wouldn't complete, but I was able to redo ToStage from the now uncorrupted work session. I threw it back on the ext HD for a test and it worked no issues, and OMF error message was gone on both sessions and no request for relink. WOO! Relief.