Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2020, 06:53 PM

Default Control/DADman flakiness

I am on EuControl 19.12.1.23, Avid Control 19.12.1.3 and DADman 5.3.4.5. I find that EuControl loses its connection to DADman – the Assign tab will re-assign Monitor and Control Room to Pro Tools, and unchecking/rechecking does nothing (it will not lock to anything).

Restarting DADman does not help, nor does disabling and reenabling EuCon in DADman.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Control/DADman flakiness

Do a complete uninstall of Eucontrol (including user preferences)
Then reinstall.

What OS are you on?
Also try toggling Eucon off/on on DADman.

I had similar problems until it was sorted and then its been rock solid.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:05 PM

Hi Luke are you still getting the problem or did u fix it? Ive just installed the setup here in Melbourne and its doing same flaky thing where I lose Dadman control in dock and can't adjust monitors levels or settings? cheers scanners
Old 10-09-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanners View Post
Hi Luke are you still getting the problem or did u fix it? Ive just installed the setup here in Melbourne and its doing same flaky thing where I lose Dadman control in dock and can't adjust monitors levels or settings? cheers scanners
It's definitely better, once it's working it stays working, and I don't think about it. But it is sensitive to startup order. If you quit EuCon whilst Pro Tools and DADman are running, and restart it, then I find you need to bring the apps to focus and then "re-lock" them to EuCon.

DADman does often need to be force-quit though, which is annoying.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
It's definitely better, once it's working it stays working, and I don't think about it. But it is sensitive to startup order. If you quit EuCon whilst Pro Tools and DADman are running, and restart it, then I find you need to bring the apps to focus and then "re-lock" them to EuCon.

DADman does often need to be force-quit though, which is annoying.
thanks Luke restarted Dadman the Eucon, came back. Ill keep my eye on this, Mon fader went to full level as a default, damn. thanks again
Old 10-09-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanners View Post
thanks Luke restarted Dadman the Eucon, came back. Ill keep my eye on this, Mon fader went to full level as a default, damn. thanks again
If you want a "start safe" option, then save your DADman preset (I can't remember if this is stored in the main routing one or the monitor control one) with the monitors muted or dimmed, and disable save on exit. (I have my default one with ref set but the monitors muted.)

Conversely if you want to just pick up where you left off, then you can enable save on exit.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:22 PM

I will look for this good hint, nailed it!