Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Fade Files Not Calculated Properly

This has happened to me once before too. I prep a pro-tools session on a digi002, G5 w/DV toolkit and then when I re-open the session on a dub stage (G4 laptop/Mbox), every crossfade in my session is--how should i put this ?-- broken! They sound completely different and most of them 'pop' like a real bad edit. It looks like the waveform in the fade file hasn't been created properly. Usually all I have to do is double click on each fade to re-process them again and then it works and sounds like it did before....and the waveform enlarges back to normal.

I'm using the same drive on both systems and when I launch the session, it doesn't say that it's looking for any fade files. It opens just fine.

I hate to have this happen in a situation where someone else opens up a session of mine when i'm not around...I'd look like a crap music editor.