How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 AM

Question PT 10.3.2 about plugin freeze and other questions

Hi fellas
After upgraded to PT10.3.2 i had experienced some freezeing in plug ins like DVerb Trim and channel strip all of them Avid.Some controls don't respond to mouse action,sometimes all rottoms are paralised.
Well,there is another thing a little embarassing,i'm using a 32'LG tv to monitor and,errrr.....the PT screens does not fit the tv screen.I had tried a lot seting the tv via windows control panel,and the better i get was an big PT image that almost over sized the tv and,my buss window is so big that some busses are missing i can't read they are out of tv screen and my plugin insert window is a headache cause some plugins are not shown the list simply don't fit the screen.Is there a way to set the PT windows size?
Thanx in advance
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM

Default Re: PT 10.3.2 about plugin freeze and other questions

Remember that even the biggest of TV screens does not have the resolution of a computer monitor and therefor cannot show everything a smaller computer monitor would. Some TV's have settings that will allow limited use as a computer monitor and even then the resolution won't be as good as on a regular computer monitor.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 AM

I have a feeling you have a 720P TV? Pretty sure Pro Tools requires a higher resolution. I use a 1080P 32" tv here and its great(but 720 will not work to the best of my knowledge).

Oh, BTW, the VGA connector on most TV's may not pass a 1920x1080 signal(mine did not) so plan on a DVI-HDMI adapter or a graphics card with an HDMI output. Can't help on the plugins as they both work fine here(wonder if its a graphics issue). You might consider posting a Sandra report as described in this thread: Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! found at the top of this and every DUC page

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Beside posting the complete information required in the help us help you thread, here's a tid bit of info.

Use the native resolution of the screen as it is at that resolution that the screen gives the best quality. A lot of tv hd monitors also have a PC mode that you can enable, that will limit to 60hrz the refresh rate which will improve text readability (text will appear smoother and not fuzzy) because you don't use the TV resampling options. That mode will also "force" the tv to display exactly what's on the desktop. So leave the resolution to it's native setting, and set the desktop (pc resolution) to the same settings. And do use a HDMI cable out of your video card if you have the HDMI output.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I have a feeling you have a 720P TV? Pretty sure Pro Tools requires a higher resolution. I use a 1080P 32" tv here and its great(but 720 will not work to the best of my knowledge).

Oh, BTW, the VGA connector on most TV's may not pass a 1920x1080 signal(mine did not) so plan on a DVI-HDMI adapter or a graphics card with an HDMI output. Can't help on the plugins as they both work fine here(wonder if its a graphics issue). You might consider posting a Sandra report as described in this thread: Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! found at the top of this and every DUC page
Yeah - standard vga is 640x400 @ 70 Hz rate. That would barely accomodate a plugin let alone a full PT screen.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Question Re: PT 10.3.2 about plugin freeze and other questions

Hey guys,thanx for the answer,i also have another problem going,ha ha,i can't save a template i'm not at the studio right now,but everytime i try to save a template this message appears saying the system can't save the document.I wil give another try on the tv issue,i i will try the Sandra thing the you guys to help me.Anyway thanx for awhile. I'll be back as soon as possible.