Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 03:21 AM

Default Linking ProTools Effekts (Trem, Pan) to Midi

Hi!
I would be very glad and thankful if you could help me with these Questions:

1) I d like to add a tremolo effekt to my vienna instruments Strings. In PT8-M I ve not found any rtas-Plugin to arrange that. so, i use e.g. effectizer over vst to rtas adapter.
The problem: All trem plugins i ve found are synchronizing with PTs timecode, what ist great. but i want the rythm to be connected, when i pressing my midi keys, and not connected only to the generell PT Metronome. That means, when i m pressing a key i hit the moment, where generell Metronome is a recently giving rhythm and the sample is not starting at the beginning.
Is it possible to synchronize an Effekt-Rhythm to an instrument?
I hope to be able to use it like e.g. the arpeggiator integrated in Vacuum. There the rhythm starts, when i press a key and not anywhere.

2) I d like to use the arpeggiator Arto Vaarala - Kirnu in Protools. In Cubase it works to connect a Midi-Signal-generating program like Kirna to an Intrument e.g. like Vienna instruments. In Protools i see it making midi-signals (Level meter) but i m not able to make a way of channel sending that works. Kirna gives a port-out number. but when i set this port on another instrument it does not get this signal.

3) Is it possible to assign my Oxygen49 knobs to for example to the level of an EQ. I know with instruments its easy. right click - learn - done. but with effects i cant find this possibility. sometimes there are pre-given assaignments. but mostly these are not very helpful. At this question i would already be glad to get a yes or no. If i know its possible, i can research more intensivly in the net. (at the moment without success)

If i have only one question free in one thread then the first has the highest priority. in every case i would be glad to get some answers from you!

Cheers
Jake
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Linking ProTools Effekts (Trem, Pan) to Midi

Sorry, i ve to correct one thing i wrote:
effectizer has its own tempo even not connected to Protools. the e.g. 1/8t is the same and follows PTs metronome, but the starting point is not connected. effectizer has its own time.
so, question again, how to bring Protools/instrument-starting-point-time and effect (effectizer) together?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Linking ProTools Effekts (Trem, Pan) to Midi

For number 1) i ve found a solution. well, change the plug. MTremolo is doing a great job.

2) is left.

Is there an arpegiator for Protools, i can use for a midi Instrument (like Vienna Instruments)?
(Or, how is it working with Kirna)

thanks
jake