Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-29-2022, 06:37 PM

Default Delete Avid folder for track presets

Does anyone have a hack to permanently delete the Avid folder from the track presets? I can delete it no problem, but the next time you start pro tools it is recreated. It an annoying folder full of track presets that are no use to me.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Delete Avid folder for track presets

Sorry I do not have an answer but am curious , because I also don't use any Avid presets -Track or Session. So what I do for track presets is make a folder with my own presets (labeled Kev's Presets) so I can just select that under the "New Tracks" dialog

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-30-2022, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Delete Avid folder for track presets

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Sorry I do not have an answer but am curious , because I also don't use any Avid presets -Track or Session. So what I do for track presets is make a folder with my own presets (labeled Kev's Presets) so I can just select that under the "New Tracks" dialog
Yeah , I use my own folders too. It doesn't bother me so much when I'm using the track presets because like you say I'm working in my own folder. What is annoying me is that I've started using the recall inserts function to recall single plugins. I've started adding my most use plugins to the root folder. This of course wouldn't be a problem if we had a more customizable plugin list.