Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2008, 04:50 AM

Default Digi any ideah\'s ... can you just give us a hint.......

Digi,
With all do respect I ask this:

Faithfully I check the compatibility charts. (EVERY DAY.)

Can you give us another update.

I know it will just be an estimate; but what are we looking at, a couple of more months, weeks, or days?
For leopard compatibility with LE

Thank you
Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Digi any ideah\'s ... can you just give us a hint.......

The way these guys are you will be luck to hear a response. I have an Apple 8 Core with Leopard and I was able to Get Protools Le 7.4 working with an Mbox Mini and Mbox 2 Pro. The only problem is that RTAS does not work well with selecting more than 2 processors. If you fool Protools into thinking you have only two processors in the Apple 8 Core it does not crash. I have tried the Digidesign Plugins yet but my upgraded Waves Native Bundle, Reason 4.0, WaveArts and PSP Audioware all work flawlessly.

I really don't understand why it is taking Digi so long for LE users if they have it working for PT HD users. I think the hold up for Leopard and 8 Core Mac is that they fear you may not need HD cards to get the performance anymore and they are trying to throttle back the LE version ..

I use both PT and Logic. Digi need to step there game up and stop this scale down version for LE users. Come on Digi include OMF, 64 Tracks, MP3 Export and just come up with a better pricing. Production Toolkit is a joke when a DAW like Logic can support over 64+ tracks with plugins on a Apple MacBook Pro 2.3 Ghz with 2GB of RAM.

[email protected]

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
[email protected]
Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 AM

There is nothing to update until the update is available. Would you rather they spend their time getting it to work on Leopard, or their time making posts "not today"? Going to a new operating system is NEVER an easy thing, but especially an Apple OS where there isn't this hand-holding you think might exist. It will happen when the issue gets worked out, patience grasshopper.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 AM

No Brad I understand......
But maybe once a week letting us know hey we are getting closer. maybe another month or so... Just got few more bugs out work out.... something is better than nothing.
Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Maybe you can just read the announcement that says they're working on Leopard support whenever you're wondering what's going on. Check daily or weekly or however often you like. Just pretend it's new and then Digi can work on the important stuff and you can feel informed!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can just read the announcement that says they're working on Leopard support whenever you're wondering what's going on. Check daily or weekly or however often you like. Just pretend it's new and then Digi can work on the important stuff and you can feel informed!
thats what iv been doing, getting a horrible feeling though............... whats it called???
de ja vu
Old 04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Avid

Leopard Update Info
Old 05-10-2008, 06:18 AM

I know you may not like what I am about to say but since Protools have delay it Leopard Update, It gave me a change to get more familiar with Apple Logic Studio 8. I must say that for the price of $495, Logic BLOWS Protools LE & M-Powered away by leaps and bounds. Take a look at the list of Virtual Instruments, Plugins that are included. Even with Transfuser Logic still wins in that category. When you add in unlimited Track count, OMF & AAF, Surround Sound Mixing, MP3 Export and tons of template of the major genre of Music it is a really great deal. Guess what, It also works with my WAVE NATIVE BUNDLE great.

In the past folks many folks migrated to Protools because it was considered the industry standards. Can simply bounce tracks down via WAV or if digidesign didn't change $495 for Digitranslation OMF and AAF which are the standard for exporting and importing files. I mean editing Audio in PT used to be much better with the old version on Logic but now with Logic Studio 8 they are pretty much the same. Even Elastic Audio can be done in Logic but it just a little different than PT.

The Gap has closed and guess you don't have to spend $500 - $2500 on an audio interface either. The Latency is also very low in Logic.

I am not saying digi stuff isn't good but COME ON we are being ROBBED by scaled down features over PT HD just because they are supposed to be industry standards.

Hey look if T-PAIN who was just nominated for 5 Grammy used soley Apple Logic and Garage Band to record and produce his songs who cares are Industry Standards.

WHAT IS INDUSTRY STANDARD really worth to you

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
[email protected]
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Just curious, does that mean you have stopped using Protools?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:

The Gap has closed and guess you don't have to spend $500 - $2500 on an audio interface either. The Latency is also very low in Logic.

So, I guess you just sit there and watch the pretty colors on the screen.

Me, I want to be able to hear what I'm doing.