Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Does anyone know how to install 7.4 on a Vista system?

I cant find a link to a full install for any version of Vista on the Digi Site. It seems 7.4 is an upgrade of a previous version but Vista will not install any of these earlier XP versions. How did you guys install your Vista versions?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to install 7.4 on a Vista system?

If I'm reading your question correctly the answer is there were no previous versions of PT for Vista. 7.4 is the first Vista compatible version.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Read the Upgrading to 7.4 Guide .

The first thing it tells you to do in the installation instructions, after starting up windows, is "Uninstall your older version" of Pro Tools.

7.4 is a full, new version of Pro Tools LE.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Read the Upgrading to 7.4 Guide .

The first thing it tells you to do in the installation instructions, after starting up windows, is "Uninstall your older version" of Pro Tools.

7.4 is a full, new version of Pro Tools LE.If I'm reading your question correctly the answer is there were no previos versions of PT for Vista. 7.4 is the first Vista compatible version.
Well both of you are correct only...there is no earlier ver of anything on this computer yet alone Vista PT, and even though 7.4 may be a full version it's still an upgrade and I can't install the 7.3 ver (first) because it's XP! I would love to hear from anyone who has actually performed this installation.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I cant find a link to a full install for any version of Vista on the Digi Site. It seems 7.4 is an upgrade of a previous version but Vista will not install any of these earlier XP versions. How did you guys install your Vista versions?
…All right, I figured this out. Even though I couldn’t install the CD that came with the Micro (Laptop wanted a Vista ver.) I registered it anyway and PT sent me authorization code for the 7.4 upgrade and yes, you were right, 7.4 upgrade is a full ver. After downloading it I entered the new code PT sent me and all went well.

Just as a note though, I can’t get the channel colors to come on with the tracks, and I know this has been an issue with AMD’s.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Just as a note though, I can’t get the channel colors to come on with the tracks, and I know this has been an issue with AMD’s.
The colors work fine on my AMD.

Have a look

Never been an issue with me on my AMD machine, even on 7.3

THey did, however, change this feature and the procedure to make it happen in 7.4. You can no longer adjust the opacity of the colors, it is now just on or off at the opacity they have chosen, and you no longer slide the mouse across the color palette while holding the modifier keys, you just click in it.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The colors work fine on my AMD.

Have a look

Never been an issue with me on my AMD machine, even on 7.3

THey did, however, change this feature and the procedure to make it happen in 7.4. You can no longer adjust the opacity of the colors, it is now just on or off at the opacity they have chosen, and you no longer slide the mouse across the color palette while holding the modifier keys, you just click in it.
Spkguit, We had this discussion approximately 8 months ago and our thread included several other AMD users who experienced the same problem I did. (I remember one guy had exactly the same system I did who lived in England) Some had to right click the mouse, some had to hold different combinations of the control keys and stand on their head as they prayed for the colors to appear. I eventually did get them on my control rm puter, (never with this intensity feature you mention) and it works the same in 7.4 as it did in 7.3.1 . But I’m still not finding the right combination on my AMD Turion 64X2 Vista laptop w/ 7.4 and the Micro.

Another funny reoccurrence, I had to separately download the help files, unzip them and save to desktop, then manually insert them into the PT DOCs again. I guess somethings never change.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:17 AM

I have gotten 7.4 to download on my Vista Home system, however, we I put in the authorization code it will not validate. Any suggestions?

Please tell me that all of this hassle is going to be worth it with this software!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:17 AM

I have gotten 7.4 to download on my Vista Home system, however, we I put in the authorization code it will not validate. Any suggestions?

Please tell me that all of this hassle is going to be worth it with this software!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Avid

Quote:

Are you entering the code exactly as you see it, including upper and lowercase letters and spaces? All '0's are the number zero and not the letter 'O'.