Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2022, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.9 "Saving ARA Data"

Just a stab in the dark here but I wonder if it’s because Melodyne isn’t saving its own clips in a separate folder like the plug-in does. So every time ProTools has to save, it’s saving not only the session but all of that data at the same time.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:40 PM

Struggling hard with this issue too. system locking up for a few seconds, few seconds of Saving ARA Data, every couple of minutes. MacOS 12.6 PT 2022.9
Old 10-21-2022, 03:51 PM

I tracked the "Saving ARA Data" on my projects down to moving too quickly during editing and failing to Render a clip. So, the dreaded pop up keeps appearing until I find the clip and render it. What would be nice is if Melodyne provided some information about which clip/clips is/are unrendered. With a 60-track project, with multiple clip splits, it can take time to find the unrendered clip.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:09 PM

that helps! If it comes down to having to render, I can live with that since I don't know the limitations of all the code etc etc.. But in a perfect world it would be great if we could leave Melodyne active on the tracks if desired

I'm in the middle of a song with quick turn for a show where talent is singing on screen, and have versions in three keys until we lock in, so rendering all 20 vocal tracks while things keep changing is kind of a pain, albeit a very small one. arguably shouldn't be on the latest PT but ARA is mostly a pleasure now that I'm getting the hang of it. besides the hanging Saving ARA Data
Old 10-21-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrab View Post
I tracked the "Saving ARA Data" on my projects down to moving too quickly during editing and failing to Render a clip. So, the dreaded pop up keeps appearing until I find the clip and render it. What would be nice is if Melodyne provided some information about which clip/clips is/are unrendered. With a 60-track project, with multiple clip splits, it can take time to find the unrendered clip.
I don't get the dreaded pop-up because I edit very short clips and render them as soon as I'm done.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:44 PM

that's fair, and it's all fun and games until I get the assertion line 265 error that Melodyne cant render this track

also anecdotally, Saving ARA Data takes more time with more tracks that have Melodyne activated, but doesn't seem to take any less time until you render the very last clip

quickly testing, it seems like if I duplicate playlist and render the duplicate, that I can turn Melodyne back on with the playlist prior to duplication and not be melodyning the melodyned vocal so to speak.. have access to the original. but not if the track isn't duplicated first I think
Old 10-21-2022, 07:55 PM

alright sorry to reply to this thread so many times, but I have rendered or deactivated every track that has Melodyne ARA on it and still getting the Saving ARA Data hangs for whatever that's worth. lord help me

Not sure this is a bug to report so to speak vs a necessary evil, but when things slow down hopefully I can file a report if it helps
Old 10-22-2022, 03:10 AM

Damn this is really annoying... Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data, Saving ARA data.

I get no work done because ARA is busy.

REALLY ?

I decided not to use it anymore... I'll use the plugin instead. old fashion way, and that makes me sad.

MTRX v.2.4.2.2 + dante card + madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MTRX-II v.1.0.5.2 + TB3 + 1x AD mic 8ch + 1x DA 8ch
+ madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MOM v.1.0.1.4 by DAD

Genelec 1237A Sam, Avantone active mixcubes
LA2a (1968), 1073 pre/eq, Neve RNHP, Wacom Intuos Pro
Furman P1400 AR E Power conditioner

Live-rack:
1x HD Native TB, 4x 192 I/O (64ch AD)
8x Yamaha HA-8 micpre, Rosendahl mif4,
Genelec 1031A, Presonus Monitor Station
Old 10-22-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hulst View Post
Damn this is really annoying... .
So another thing to check is that you don't have an un-rendered track which you have hidden or made inactive. It's still out there waiting to be rendered and can make the Saving ARA message intolerable.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrab View Post
So another thing to check is that you don't have an un-rendered track which you have hidden or made inactive. It's still out there waiting to be rendered and can make the Saving ARA message intolerable.
yeah but then i get this.

sigh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARA error.jpg (32.6 KB, 0 views)