Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Default Bass-clef turns to treble-clef in Piano score

Why does Scorch on Ipad changes bass-clef to treble-clef in a pianoscore/part - it has to be a bug? In ealier thread in sib forum it was surgessted to save Sib6 file in to Sib7, and it seemed to work, but suddenly it happend again. The only way to solve it, is to delete the file via Itunes, and import again. Then repeat drill when it happens again. Reboot of Ipad doesnt work - that indicates that Scorch is changing the file. Restore default doesnt work either.

Here are som other issues:
01.Keypad doesnt show when you want to sign up - so I cant
02. I cant change instruments
03. Crashes all the time

Scorch on Ipad has a huge pontetial - you guys are sitting on a pot of gold - so get started on fixes and developing. I'm a musical director on TV - and I would in a splitsecond get rid of my sheetmusic and use Scorch for IPad instead - if it worked and even if it was 10 times as expensive. Name your price - but lets get an App that works

Surgesstions:
possibility to make setlists
Making notes in parts (for rehearsal)
layout for Scorch in Sibelius 7
Making telepoints for jumping in music DC. Da Capo - Coda (for live playing) so when you press a coda sign, it'll jump to CODA.
...many more surgesstions to come.

Jan Glaesel

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-31-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: found more bugs
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bass-clef turns to treble-clef in Piano score

Dear Jan,

Many thanks for your message. The first thing to check (and I guess you've done this already, but just to be sure) is that you're running the latest edition of Scorch, which is version 1.0.3. You can do this from the App Store app on your iPad.

I will address your other queries in turn:

I will enquire with my product manager on the issue of the changing clefs - it does sound like a bug but I must admit I was under the impression that we had fixed most of the issues like this.

I can't reproduce the keypad issue that you described. When I go to the sign in dialog, I tap on the 'E-mail Address' text box and the keypad appears. Is this not the case for yourself?

When you say you cannot change instruments, what process are you going through to try it? You should be able to tap and hold (in theory at least!) on the stave you wish to change, and then tap the change instrument button.

As for the crashes, usually these are caused by the iPad raising a low memory warning. This is to ensure the usability of the iPad; when an app receives this warning then it has less than 2 seconds to quit before iOS kills it. Unfortunately this means that when loading larger scores, it reduces the apparent stability of the app. We're working hard to reduce the overall memory footprint of Scorch for a future version.

Thanks for your feature suggestions - I know that the set lists feature is definitely on our wish list. I will make sure our development team is aware of the others; keep them coming!

Best wishes,

Joe Pearson
Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 PM

All, I have experienced the exact same problem throughout all purchased music. Bass clef becomes treble clef, making the application close to useless.

I can provide screenshots etc. If needed.

Please fix.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Dear all,

I've been in touch with our product management team regarding the issues you have been experiencing with clef changes. Unfortunately, it seems that this is indeed a bug. The good news is that we're aware of it and we're working hard to release an update as soon as possible. I'll endeavour to post on this thread as soon as we have it available.

In the mean time, if you have any questions, please let me know.

All the best,

Joe
Old 11-14-2011, 10:40 AM

This problem STILL exists along with random key changes to scores. I purchased an iPad specifically to use Scorch with my opera scores and this is unacceptable. Note. I just purchased/downloaded the last week so I have the latest version. I have made sure every stave has a unique name and that only the current version of the score exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated, although I have an idea this is just one of many bugs that needs to be fixed. Trying not to sound so negative, the program is fantastic in theory, just needs to work.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hi operaman12000,

We're hoping to get these issues addressed very soon. I'll repost in this thread as soon as we have an update available for you.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 12-13-2011, 02:56 AM

Thanks for the quick & clear communication, Joe! I am anxiously awaiting the update that fixes this annoying bug!!

Also, I noticed that Scorch changes my sound from Marimba (which works perfectly on my mac) to Piano on my ipad (which is not the right sound at all); when I try to change the instrument (one staff at a time, as I cannot see a way to highlight both staves simultaneously), not only does it not work, but it shifts my "bass clef part" (which is in treble due to the aforementioned annoying bug) up one octave, totally ruining my score =[

I restarted Scorch & my music was reverted to original form. While this is a relief since I won't have to constantly delete & reload scores, it's also a bit of problem since I will always want this score to use the Marimba - & never a Piano - sound.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated,

AJ

Last edited by ajp3; 12-13-2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: left out important details
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Dear AJ,

Hopefully by now you'll have the updated version of Scorch - version 1.1. I just tested this for you with a simple marimba score, and it appears to work normally.

If you're still having problems, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Joe