Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Where\'s The New Pro Tools Update?????

OK, it's 12:13 a.m. EST on April 15th. I was led to believe that there was gonna be a version 6.4 of Pro Tools LE released on Arpril 15th. So at midnite I checked...nothing. So I cut Digidesign a little slack and gave it a FULL 13 minutes!!! What kind of slack ass company are they running here anyway? And don't give me any of that "They're out in California so they are 3 hours behind" crap either. Everyone knows that the only time that really counts is Eastern Standard Time!
Digidesign I am very disappointed in you. I expected the software to be available at precisely midnite! Now what do you expect us all to do? This has got me so upset that I'm thinking about throwing out all my gear and digging through the attic for my 1982 Fostex cassette 4-track recorder!

The above posting is meant to be humorous and no Fostex 4-tracks were actually harmed in the making of this tongue-in-cheek posting.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Where\'s The New Pro Tools Update?????

Yeah and I took time off work so that i could do the download and spend the day getting to know all the bugs.

I demand compensation!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:34 PM

Well I was just joking around of course...but there has been a rumor on this board that the new update was coming out today (April 15th) but now it looks like Aoede has just shot that theory down!

Old 04-14-2004, 09:39 PM

Well, I removed the post because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything but, I didn't sign any non disclosure agreements. I'm still wondering who it was that said it was due out April 15th? It's probably the date for the Beta testing to begin.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:46 PM

Bummer. It must have been one of those "Urban Legend" type rumors. I saw it on several posts over the last few days and just like someone who believes the Texas Chainsaw Massacre really happened I believed. Does that mean the Easter Bunny really didn't hide the Easter Eggs? What about Santa? The tooth fairy? My whole life is crumbling here...
Old 04-14-2004, 09:48 PM

Hey Aoede are you at least allowed to tell us if the Beta version is cooler than 6.1.1? Are we all gonna like it? Without being specific of course.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 PM

TCM is partially based on a man named Ed Gein from Plainfield Wisconsin in the 50's.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:55 PM

I don't have the beta version
Old 04-15-2004, 03:43 AM

Quote:
And don't give me any of that "They're out in California so they are 3 hours behind" crap either. Everyone knows that the only time that really counts is Eastern Standard Time!
we're in eastern daylight time now, so maybe if you waited another 47 minutes...
Old 04-15-2004, 06:11 AM

Quote:
TCM is partially based on a man named Ed Gein from Plainfield Wisconsin in the 50's.
So, does this mean that the new PTLE will have the option to use different "skins"?