Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 01:54 PM

Default ongoing midi issues with PT

i am one of three people i know that has lost midi function in the last few versions of PT. i use a midiman/m-audio midi device that is sending and receiving fine (i even reinstalled their driver a few times to make sure), and protools refuses to accept any midi signal. i am using the mbox with a powerbook running osx (newest version). when i go to my audio/midi setup, it shows some odd unknown digidesign device as a midi box. this has a questionmark through it, and seems to not serve any purpose. obviously, the system is trying to see something that isn't there... prolly part of the glitch. the rest of the setup looks fine, but will not accept messages coming from any controller. it will send midi out oddly enough. does anybody have any idea what might be going on?? midi used to work perfectly for me until a few weeks back.

thanks!
Old 10-17-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Re: ongoing midi issues with PT

I've had an ongoing problem with core audio/core midi where I've basically had to do a new set up after each reboot or PT freaks out and Reason doesn't see my Mbox. I haven't figured out if this is a problem with my Oxygen 8 driver, PT or Core Audio/Core midi.

GRRR
High Rock Records & Studio
NYC

http://highrockrecords.com
Old 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM

I'm using an Oxygen 8 and the midi works. When I first installed the new core audio drive I had the wierd problem in the midi setup too. I deleted the device with the question mark and had to switcg the out on my oxygen to the other midi out (there two) and everything has been fine since.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:44 PM

After downloading and installing PT 6.1.1 and the 6.1.1 Core Audio Driver I couldn't use the midi in or out on my Digi002. I deleted the Digi midi driver in the audio midi setup and everything went back to normal. I think the Core Audio Driver 6.1.2 is supposed to fix all the midi problems also but I still deleted the driver cause I don't use it with anything else.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:23 PM

i have tried deleting this, but nothing changes....
Old 10-18-2003, 09:05 PM

are there any digi support people in here who can give me any info?
Old 10-20-2003, 12:10 PM

???
Old 10-20-2003, 05:28 PM

they haven't said a damn word about it.. the only way i got mine back was a reformat of the drive.. even when i tried to completely erase anything digi related it still would not work for me..

good luck.. ive been there before..
Old 10-23-2003, 07:39 PM

i redid my whole computer, and i am still having issues with this. do i need to look for older pt6 installs? this is going to be insane trying to figure out which version killed my midi.

digi... you guys have any ideas?
Old 10-25-2003, 04:18 PM

digi...do you care to answer at all?? this is crazy! i rebuilt all my system and still have no midi!