Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2023, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Please save us all a click and make ‘Yes’ the Default launch button

What launch screen? People actually leave that on?
Old 02-12-2023, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
What launch screen? People actually leave that on?
Something’s gotta keep the screen busy while I wait for the launch to “finish launching” …
(1) Mow the lawn
(2) Go for a run around the block
(3) Make and drink a cup of coffee
(4) Write a tome or 2

… I feel there’s room for an AI-induced launch that only needs a complete scan when a new plug-in is added - and starts this scan from where it finished on the previous launch!
Old 02-12-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
… so we just hit ‘Enter’ to let the party begin …

Attached pic of current Default button ‘No’ (from down under)
Humm I must be confused ---why would you not just have PT launch to the Dashboard and bypass all that nonsense ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-12-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Something’s gotta keep the screen busy while I wait for the launch to “finish launching” …
(1) Mow the lawn
(2) Go for a run around the block
(3) Make and drink a cup of coffee
(4) Write a tome or 2

… I feel there’s room for an AI-induced launch that only needs a complete scan when a new plug-in is added - and starts this scan from where it finished on the previous launch!
That is one of the most impressive things about Reaper. It loads shockingly fast. No bloat. Not crazy about other aspects of it... But I like that.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:14 PM

If you have to very consciously input a very slightly awkward key command or manually drag the mouse a very slightly awkward few inches to get Yes selected,

That's what's in between a possible "delete everything" and the "yes" button being quite easily accidentally entered.

Since allowing administrator function to a virus prompt would be potentially the early end of your work day (from one perspective), do you actually want that to be the default in that context? If it could be JUST when opening PT, yeah I could see to go for it.

On my computer I can tell it to remember things are allowed device access. That seems like a weird OS feature to constantly ask. Silly computers.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 02-14-2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
... ---why would you not just have PT launch to the Dashboard and bypass all that nonsense ?
My bad for not immediately explaining why I’d gone the slower ‘Run as administrator’ route at Startup, when it’s quicker to just double-click the PT Desktop icon.

My Command 8 needs Pro Tools to be ‘Run as administrator’

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...esign-command8

Command 8 works with Pro Tools 2022.12 on Windows !!
Old 02-14-2023, 10:19 PM

Thanks For Posting..
Old 02-17-2023, 06:04 AM

Having "No" as the default is likely a safety feature so that you don't accidentally click and run a program that might be harmful. Similar to "Remove and keep?" as opposed to "Delete forever" I suppose.

I personally prefer that Windows UAC controls be turned to "Never Notify" as I only install & run familiar programs.
Manually scanning the occasional unfamiliar program.

If you don't already know, you can right click on the PT desktop icon, choose Properties>Compatibility>Run as Admin.
The program will now run that way every time without having to right click>run as admin. A shield will appear on the icon after next restart indicating this.

Even though UAC is off, all RAA privileges should still be elevated.

Hope that helps.
You already know all this (you probably do since you know all the plug-in deals).
I wanted to at least put a little effort into trying to help in return for the time you let me know about one of the SSL bundle deals in one of your timely posts. :)

And yeah, my phone always uploads things sideways instead of upside down.
Makes me feel like a verified oddball the times I've created a profile online. lol

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 02-19-2023 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
...Hope that helps ...
It sure did!

My bad #2:
I wrongly assumed this “protracted launch” Microsoft message was from Avid.

Thanks for suggesting changing Windows UAC controls to "Never Notify” – now double-clicking my “Run as administrator” Pro Tools icon immediately launches Pro Tools.

More than glad I mentioned some SSL bargains!

Please excuse my late reply – today I drove 725kms (450 miles) - but your tip will certainly help me make up for some “lost time” …
Old 02-19-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Please excuse my late reply – today I drove 725kms (450 miles) - but your tip will certainly help me make up for some “lost time” …
I thought I saw you zip by...

Glad that worked for you and that you had a safe trip!
And Wow. That's some mileage.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory