Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2021, 04:45 AM

Default Black Friday sale on PT Support Plan

Anyone know of anything? Usually this is the time of year to find it on sale for a bit off. Maybe nobody will be announcing until Friday.

Steve
Old 11-25-2021, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Black Friday sale on PT Support Plan

It appears there’s nothing for perpetual owners.

I’ve been waiting as well but AVID have already announced their BF deals and it’s only for subscription plans. In the past, resellers have followed whatever AVID have offered, so I don’t think we’ll see anything from that angle either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2021, 08:18 AM

Same here. I’ve been looking for some sort of deal because it’s time for me re-up my support plan. It really bugs me that I have to $399 every year when Logic Pro is so much cheaper….and free upgrades.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:34 AM

Hello, that is almost so woe at Avid with the large telephone companies. There are always discounts only for new customers. Existing customers get very little. I'm also considering going back to Logic. But I've got used to PT a lot and would like to keep it. Maybe something will come before Christmas that clearly moves me to stay.

Greetings Carsi
Old 11-25-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee123 View Post
Same here. I’ve been looking for some sort of deal because it’s time for me re-up my support plan. It really bugs me that I have to $399 every year when Logic Pro is so much cheaper….and free upgrades.
Well, this is just the business model of today. While I do not always agree with Avid policies, this one makes sense. You pay yearly fee for support and updates instead of paying for support tickets and updates individually. You also get cross-platform compatibility which Logic does not offer.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:51 PM

People always dwell on how expensive it is to be a Mac guy. Bull. You pay a few hundred more dollars getting in but Logic is $199 and I paid that 10 years ago. No upgrade or support plans. In that same 10 years, Avid is 4 grand. I spent about that much for my Mac Pro in 2013. And I have pages, and Numbers, and iMovie and lots of other stuff. So the savings on a PC are imaginary in many ways.

Steve