Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-30-2021, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Meters but no sound suddenly

I actually was using headphones recently. I guess it's possible the output changed to them? I've had them unplugged though so not sure why it wouldn't revert back. Good catch. Now I have to figure out how to get it back to normal

UPDATE. I clicked on the PH 7/8 (under the software playback row in Totalmix) and i was able to change that to analog 1/2. It didnt look like something I could click on but sure enough it was. I included the screenshot of it. Well thank you for your help and hopefully this can help someone else out in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 screen.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2021, 08:52 PM

Hey great, invoice is in the mail.

Man it's hard to remember Totalmix and I have UAD Console on the brain. This RME stuff is so configurable, if you want to get really confused see what happens when bezerk MIDI programming changes lots of an RME setup on you.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzlvlosis View Post
I actually was using headphones recently. I guess it's possible the output changed to them? I've had them unplugged though so not sure why it wouldn't revert back. Good catch. Now I have to figure out how to get it back to normal

UPDATE. I clicked on the PH 7/8 (under the software playback row in Totalmix) and i was able to change that to analog 1/2. It didnt look like something I could click on but sure enough it was. I included the screenshot of it. Well thank you for your help and hopefully this can help someone else out in the future.
You have to make any assignment changes, TotalMix is not going to automatically revert any setting. You may want to set up Snapshots of different scenarios that you use and a Workspace. I have one Workspace and 8 Snapshots within it and several other Snapshots saved individually. You can have up tp 8 Snapshots in a Workspace and, of course, as many separate Snapshots or Workspaces with different Snapshots you want. Just recall what you want when you want. I also got RME's ARC USB Controller and programmed that the way I want. Take a look at one, it's worth every penny.

You can also use the Matrix to see what is assigned where and change assignments there.

One of the great things about TotalMix's Loopback feature is that you can use any of the Software Playback channels, send that to a Hardware Output and Loop that back to its corresponding Hardware Input channel so that it presents the signal to, say, Microsoft Teams or Zoom - and the channel you use doesn't have to have anything attached to it. For example, a Send from Pro Tools to ADAT 1 in TotalMix's Software Playback, assigned to ADAT 1 Hardware Output, Looped back to ADAT 1 Hardware Input - and no ADAT hardware needed.

While TotalMix is and can be a brain bender, it's worth getting to know and, as Darryl mentioned, RME has some tutorials that are very helpful.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction

Last edited by The Weed; 10-31-2021 at 04:03 PM.