Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Poor Performance in 7.0 Petition - Please Register

I'm gaving the buffer size playback stopping isues at illogical times too. Todd
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Poor Performance in 7.0 Petition - Please Regi

I noticed some of you may not be taking the proper steps regarding troubleshooting and in making sure the problem doesn't lie elsewhere. I agree wih Rail. Some or maybe a lot of your plugs DO NOT work and are not optimized for PT7, therefore resulting in poor performance. By the way, not a single problem on this end and running 4x the session I'm use too with a bunch of optimized for PT7 plug-ins.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Setup:

Plugins: Digiracks, TRacks EQ, Amplitube LE, SampleTank SE, PSP Vintage Meter, Miroslav Philharmonik, Native Instruments Akoustik Piano, Garritan Personal Orchestra, EastWest Quantum Leap RA + Colossus

You need to remove all 3rd party plug-ins and run Pro Tools. Create a new session -- if it's stable, start adding the plug-ins one by one.

You have incompatible plug-ins.

When I say "remove" I mean take them out of the DAE Plug-ins folder.

Rail
Calm down, Rail... perhaps there are other reasons why PT7 is the poorest update i've know in all the years that they've existed?

Exactly "Why" should we, the customer , remove all third party plug ins from a piece of software, supposedly the best audio/midi/recording/playback/kitchen sink software out there?

I'm sorry, but pro tools is sold, partly, on the strength of these 3rd party plug ins?

is there any possibility that the might of Digidesign could , in fact, make sure that when they release a major software update (perhaps it isn't a major software update, but from 6.XXX to 7.XXX sounds like one to me) they let those very important 3rd party plug in providers know exactly what to do to be compatible? and that's only the plug-ins.

there are problems here nothing to do with plugs.

All of these problems will be solved , in time, as usual.
i love Pro Tools, to me it is the best out there. But there are more than the usual gripes on the DUC at the moment.

let's address each and every complaint a little less patronizingly.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:36 PM

I'm calm... no problems here.

Digi have stated that plug-ins would have to be updated. If the user decides to use non-updated plug-ins they should expect the software may be unstable.

Plug-in developers are given an updated SDK -- but wisely usually wait for the shipping version of Pro Tools to ensure they're targetting the final product. Just like when OS X is updated.

Nothing to argue about.. it's a fact of life. If you want to upgrade to Pro Tools 7.0 make sure your plug-ins are compatible. Using compatible plug-ins your system will be stable. I was responding to someone complaining about instability with a list of plug-ins which I don't believe have been updated.

I figured he hasn't read any of the other threads which all are related to plug-ins which haven't been updated... and some users have felt that simply not instantiating a plug-in is the same as not having it installed.. hence I emphasised the meaning of "remove".

While you may feel that an issue is not plug-in related.. you don't know that until you've only installed compatible plug-in versions.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Poor Performance in 7.0 Petition - Please Register *DELETED*

Post deleted by DigiTechSupt
Old 11-18-2005, 08:41 PM

Quote:
With all dew respect to you sir, you and everybody else in teck support, sound to me like politicians, dancing their way around problems as if nobody ever mentioned them before.
With all due respect, you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

When new software comes out, developing partners need to update their software so that it is compatible.

This does not happen overnight.

Digi warned you of this and listed software that is not yet compatible. If you upgraded and are using plugs that have not been updated for PT7 is is your own fault.

This is the way it has always been.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 11-18-2005, 09:15 PM

Quote:
When new software comes out, developing partners need to update their software so that it is compatible.
And be careful for pluggins that say "For Windows XP Only".

LOL

Sorry had to do it.

Allen
Old 11-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
With all dew respect to you sir, you and everybody else in teck support, sound to me like politicians, dancing their way around problems as if nobody ever mentioned them before.
With all due respect, you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

This does not happen overnight.

Digi warned you of this and listed software that is not yet compatible. If you upgraded and are using plugs that have not been updated for PT7 is is your own fault.

This is the way it has always been.
With all 'dew' respect can we get back on plot. The systems many of us are talking about are running verified compatible plugins so before we turn this place into world war three please read the original post and either sign up or ship out.

If some of you guys want to argue about plugins then start a new thread. This is a serious thread for those of us who have followed Digi's guidance to the letter and are having problems that are stoppping us from working.

Please can those of you who want to have a bun fight do it elsewhere.
Thanks

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 PM

By the way, if you want to see what 'new improved verified' plugins can do to performance then try inserting some instances of the Digirack III Comps and look at the load on your CPU soar!

And before anyone tells me that they are not listed in the verified list, then why put this is the advertising blurb for them?
Dynamics III Features at a Glance

* Three dynamics processing plug-ins: Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, and De-Esser
* Multi-channel support*
***** Optimized for maximum CPU and DSP efficiency*****
* Tight integration with control surfaces and VENUE live sound environment
* Support for Avid software
* High-resolution processing, up to 192 kHz
* External key and side-chain frequency filter capabilities
* De-zippered, automatable controls for smooth parameter changes
* RTAS, TDM, and AudioSuite formats
* Windows XP and Mac OS X support

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 PM

Quote:
By the way, if you want to see what 'new improved verified' plugins can do to performance then try inserting some instances of the Digirack III Comps and look at the load on your CPU soar!
Not here...

I have a lowly Mini Mac G4 1.42GHz 1gig RAM system on OS X 10.4.3 -- Digi 002/C

I can get more than 20 instances of Compressor 3 with a H/W Buffer size of 128 samples and CPU Usage set to 99%, DAE Buffer at 2.

How many can you get before your system refuses to play? On my system with these settings I get 23.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••