Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Eucon -> Protools

Eucon support in Protools would most likely come as a PT version update with most likey a price. 8.1 here we come!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuser View Post
What?

Your talking about one feature a Knob.... ( The Control Room) which is an integrated part of Cubase and Nuendo. Its not anything to do with EUCON. The very fact you have some buttons to operate that side of the software is great but it doesn't negate the fact that EUCON abilities on Cubase compared to Logic are stunted. Have you used it with Logic and Cubase?

NOT being able to control any soft synths with the artist series on Cubase is not what I would call really deep integration. Im talking the most basic stuff that the cheapest generic controller can do these days but the artists series doesn't. You get no control over soft synths at all. Thats nowhere near as good as using a Mackie with Cubase because with that I can control every single parameter of any soft synth

But with Logic it controls everything, and I mean everything. Just install any soft synth and you can control it straight away. FOr people like me who use mostly soft synths thats a pretty big deal. Yes I can control EQ, compressor plugins with cuabse, but guess what, not all of them.

In case you hadnt noticed Buddah every single demo on the Euphonix site with the artist series was with Logic. Every single ad on the web and magazines showed an Apple Mac+ Euphonix +Logic. I never saw one with Cubase.

The more expensive Euphoniox controllers can do it al with Nuendo so maybe your confused?

So I totally disagree with your statement that its very deep becasue it most certainly isnt if your want to control soft synths. I have more control using a Novation Sl thing with Cubase than I do with the artist series.

Ive seen the artist series working with PTs and again its nothing like as elegant and integrated as it is with logic BECAUSE it doesnt use the EUCON protocol. Its a bit clunky. But thats going to change obviously now that Avid have bought the company.

Hey I welcome this news btw. I'm undecided whether to sell them or not. Im going to be moving back to PTs anyway, but on a PC. I was a PTs HD user five years ago. I dont like Cubase now, I hate the whole multiple windows thing now and now Pts has much better soft synth adn midi integration Im ready to return, and yes Ive missed the audio editing a lot. So this is my dilemma now. I fully expect PTs on the Mac to have full EUCON integration before the PC but Im not going to wait two years. I would like some news on this but I doubt that will be forthcoming any time soon.

So right now I totally disagree with you and will state again that the Artist Series as it currently stands is Logic Centric. But again, I know that will change now that Avid have taken over Euphonix. News that I fully welcome. But lets not be luddite about this. The thing was made for Logic, anyone can see that. Just like the Duet was. All nice and silver, very Apple looking
The new Nuendo 5 and Cubase 5.5 (just released today) now support VSTi control via EuCon. I would argue that Nuendo currently offers the deepest EuCon integration of any DAW. Also to clarify, EuCon is EuCon - Artist Series controllers do not run a different, defeatured version than the Pro consoles.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfdaddydog View Post
Is there a v2 of the mc mix? I would be pissed if I bought a couple mc mixes just to find out v2 is coming in a couple of months.
The reason future products are not announced in advance is sales on the existing units in stock would stop. I don't know of any company that would say to its customers, "Wait-don't buy anything. We have a new widget coming out in six months."

Doncha think that would hurt current sales?

And I too am waiting for Eucon control over PT before I buy.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
Yeah however long that's going to be. 1 month? 6 months? 10 years? Throw us a freakin bone avid.
Mark Sanders of Ampex had a great quote. "It takes 9 months for a woman to have a baby. Adding 10 women to the project will still take 9 months."

Software engineering is hard to speed up.

Let's hope it all works when released.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Having only used the MC Control for a little while I surely see the "potential" ........

Really wondering what PT integration on this device is going to look like. Right now the touch screen is mostly a waste to me. Too hard to hit those tiny pads and really doesn't do so many of the cool things that are possible......

1) When editing a plug why not take the touchscreen over with the plugs graphics with a few touch areas and get the knobs to do all the useful things
2) Why not display 8 channels of Send A - E (or even 4 channels to match the fader bank)
3) Display 8 ch Automation mode and use the knobs or buttons below to change,
4) Why not display Inserts for a bank of four or 8 with the knobs doing useful things to assign
4a) Why not some combination of above for either 4 or 8 channel overview screens keeping the track names at the top........ Use the touch as a matrix, the buttons below to select the cell and then have all 8 knobs map to useful functions in the cell....... Imagine if Inserts was the page name and on insert 2 of every channel I had EQ ...... as you select across the matrix in row2 (insert 2) all eight knobs mapped to 4 bands of EQ (user programmable of course (you have seen Automap right)...... things like that.....
5) When in channel focus mode (yes would like one of these as well!) why not display all sends, inserts, auto modes etc about the channel and then be able to select different channels and keep this screen.

Just a few ideas, but really what the heck are you planning??? just some minor things while keeping all the concepts the same..... if so, not very interesting for an almost $2K controller.......

PS>>> Select buttons on the strips are almost impossible to hit without moving a fader. Really dislike the positioning of those. Why not add a control so I could select them elsewhere on the surface. Yes I do it in the touchscreen but I have to hit the screen an average of 2X to select and then for multiple channels it keeps hitting the adjacent one etc... takes 2X the hits at least to select like 5 channels. And then when banking I get the "select" indicator on the first channel whether it is selected or not (showing where the bank of eight start --- which is really only a bank of four........

SO........ updates soon???? Communication about what they might contain -- any chance?????
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 09-30-2010, 03:08 AM

Don't know if this has already been announced or not (by anyone else than Brad Lyons), but EuCon support will come by the end of year. A local dealer had the info from Avid.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Don't know if this has already been announced or not (by anyone else than Brad Lyons), but EuCon support will come by the end of year. A local dealer had the info from Avid.
Great news...... but which year?

-Lee
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Call me crazy but I've noticed a pattern: Avid is more reliable than dealers for information pertaining to dealers. Dealers love jumping ahead of the train and often get run over.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 PM

Maybe it will be included in the next $400 price increase!
System#1
PT 10HD Harpertown Lion
HD4 Accel Magma PE6R4-I
Motu PCI-424e
ProControl 32 Faders

System#2
PT 11 and 10.3.6 2012 Westmere Mountain Lion
HDX
MC Mix - MC Control - MC transport - MC Mix with Command 8