How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2021, 12:02 AM

Default Midi selection timeline/notes

Hello.

I have encountered something very annoying and I can't for the life of me figure out out to fix it.

So the other day I loaded up a session as normal but my view preferences or settings have gone askew. Basically, when I select a segment of midi in the edit window, that selection is usually instantly reflected in the midi editor window. But now when I select something in the edit window, nothing happens in the midi editor.

The track does get selected however, but it doesn't 'show' in the midi editor unless I manually select that little dot beside the track on the left hand side. But if I select a different track in the edit window, the current 'showing' track in the midi editor remains engaged and I have to manually disengage it and click the dot next to the newly selected track in the midi editor.

I'm not sure what has happened but is there a way to set everything back to default. I don't remember setting anything particular up before the way I was working. I just don't know what settings to select/unselect to get things back the way they were.

Thanks for your help and I hope this makes sense.

Also, I'm running Pro Tools 2021.6.0
Old 07-09-2021, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Midi selection timeline/notes

I may have found the solution. I did what you described and everything was working fine - the dot in MIDI editor was changing to which ever track the notes were on that were selected in the Edit window. Then I deactivated the red and white square button at the top right of the MIDI editor and the auto-selecting ceased working. You may just need to enable that button - which would be gray if it's off.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7