Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Reason Adapted Vs... Reason?

I am using the version of Reason that came for free with my Mbox (Reason Adapted), and while I love the seamless integration with PT, the sounds/patches are pretty crappy. Is there a big difference/better sounds with the full version of Reason, ie: the Reason that is sold on its own? Thanks for any feedback
Old 06-13-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Reason Adapted Vs... Reason?

I agree that the synth sounds they give you are crap, but from what I hear the full versions synths are alot better.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:32 PM

Can you load samples in the adapted version? That's pretty much all I do with it. Load drum hits into the Redrum, samples into the nn-xt, rex loops of my samples, and acasionally a synth sound for bass or effects.
the 2 syths are cool but I make my own patches and run them through Reasons effects processors to get original sounds. Never been to fond of presets and stock libraries. Reasons isn't that great but it's not that bad either. There are a lot of usable patches. Upgrading is well worth it for all the other bonuses.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:53 PM

Yes, ReDrum loads any file as long as its .wav, .aiff, etc.(Don't feel like listing the other types).
Old 06-20-2004, 12:10 PM

Does anyone have any opinions on how Reason compares to SampleTank?
Old 06-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Not totally familiar with the Adapted version but when you buy the retail you get the same stock refill CD plus Orkester and Electro Mechanical. Do you have Reload? I know it's free [download from Propellerhead site] with the full version. Let's you use Akai CDs in the NN-XT. Reason takes a little engineering skill as it's more than just adding a mixer, aux sends, and a synth with a preset patch. Using some BV512 EQ and compressors at the master outputs is a good starting point.

Many people find Reason and Pro Tools a good combo. Reason has been used by dozens of top producers and in some cases it's all they use - rewired into Pro Tools. Liam Howlett did the new Prodigy album in Reason and Pro Tools. Can't wait to hear it this September. One thing you're lacking is the ability to load Refills other than the factory one. There are so many great refills both commercial and free.

PS - Check out this Reason song "The Spirit Inside" from Reason Station. Grab the mp3 and the RPS, although I'm not sure if you have all the same Reason sound modules as the retail version. This song is totally self contained in Reason and uses the factory sounds. You'll be surprised. Let me know what you think.

Nigel Anderson - The Spirit Inside
Old 06-21-2004, 04:05 AM

No you can not load your own samples into Reason Adapted...It sucks, I know but then again it was freaking free...So I'm quite happy....Anyhow....