Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 AM

Default Amplitube 4 - anyone have it yet?

Guess I'll be the first to bring this up. 7:55 AM US east coast time. No email from IK and nothing in my user account yet on AT4 which I got on pre-order. As a matter of fact there's nothing in my IK account that even says I pre-ordered it which I did through the Custom Shop. I know it's early in the day - looking forward to the new program

QAPLA!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:24 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: Amplitube 4 - anyone have it yet?

It is here now! Go grab it :)
Old 10-29-2015, 06:03 PM

Downloaded it and authorized it but P Tools won't load it. It throws an error about not being able to load the bundle executable.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:08 PM

Just tired to open the standalone and it opened just fine. Fully authorized and functional.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Tell me that it's only 64 bit for Pro Tools 11 and higher and not for 10 HD. Please don't actually. I look at the AAX plugin and it says that it is zero bytes in size. Is that an indication that the installer is bad or an indication of something else?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:23 PM

What the F___! Just looked and it is only 64 bit. Man, that is inexcusable. Pretty much everyone makes plugins that are both formats these days. Amplitube 3 is 32 bit, why not this one that is bought and paid for?
Old 10-30-2015, 12:51 AM

yup, same reason we didn't purchase Sample Tank 3…
Old 10-30-2015, 04:59 AM

Got it and with a few reservations I'm liking it.

I like that now the Orange and Mesa Boogie collections are actually showing in the Collections tab and not in the Custom Shop tab. The new amp room and cab section are quite nice as well.

Now comes the reservations:
The gui is a bit difficult to work with on a glossy screen in a brightly lit room. Thank you Apple for leaving us with glossy screens on iMacs The specular highlights on the Brit8000 and Brit9000 amps are the worst followed by the back side of the Mesa Boogie amps.

And another:
The Brit Silver doesn't have a half power switch even though the description on IK's site says it was the first amp in the Marshall line to be able to go to half power. However the Brit9000 does have a half power switch but no mention is made of that on the IK site.

As to the 32 versus 64 bit thing - I feel for you but do understand every current daw is 64 bit; are there any that are even runnable in 32 bit? I'm not talking legacy like PT10.

QAPLA!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Most pro record making facilities in the US are still running 32 bit systems. Heck, some of them aren't even on 10. We don't use 11 or above because the DSP version of that doesn't have enough DSP plugins available for us to track through and mix as we go. It's truly disturbing to me that the DAW makers and plugin makers are leaving the Pro Record making community in the dust. I know that the home studio market is now the biggest user base for music making but it still sucks big time that the guys who make records in studios aren't factored into any kind of sales picture these days. It's not like this part of the industry doesn't exist. It does. We produce and mix real records from the ground up and mix other people's records as well, all year long. Many other producers do the same. Most of them are not here on the DUC, however, and Avid has coerced only one or two to endorse their HDX product line. Things are not cool in the world of the folks who this DAW thing was first invented for, except for the film guys. They don't need that many plugins anyway but they're for sure not using Native systems.

My quite aggravated 2 cents.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:04 PM
IK Multimedia

If you are still running 32-bit, AmpliTube 3 will still function. AmpliTube 4 and other plugins moving to 64-bit has a lot to do with legacy 32-bit versions requiring a mountain of extra coding and testing. We know it wasn't going to please everyone but based on all considered pros and cons, AmpliTube 4 was created 64-bit only to continue moving forward as much as possible.

I know you don't get everything in AmpliTube 4 with AmpliTube 3 but it is still a viable option for those using 32-bit systems.