Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2014, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Nugen Audio VISUALIZER Crashing ProTools 11.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoBali View Post
I just heard from Nugen ..., not much info to give as yet ..., but Nugen is suspecting the trouble apparently lies with the Visualizer plugin having some sort of unknown conflicts with certain NVIDIA video cards ?
I hope they find a fix soon and release the update .
I have the older version that I updated and gave a try - yes it crashes PT sessions, and I have NVidia video cards.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:57 AM

I have had confirmation from Nugen that it is indeed a conflict with their Visualizer Plug-in and NVIDIA cards .
...., Nugen were good that they were open and direct about the issue , and did not keep me in the dark like some other companies have done.

They also responded that they DO NOT have a Computer "at hand" that has a NVIDIA card installed , so therefore they cannot attempt to fix the bug until they get one

I'd suggest to others having this problem with their Nugen Visualizer crashing Pro Tools , is to send Nugen Support a "friendly" email outlining their problem with Visualizer crashing Pro Tools in windows (and include your Video card details with it - ie; model and version etc )

........, Perhaps it may persuade Nugen to prioritize further a sense of urgency to get their hands that PC they require (ie; with a NVIDIA Card)
........, in order to begin troubleshooting the bug thats causing their code to crash Pro Tools.

I do hope its done sooner - rather than later ..., as it looks like a good plug , and its also encouraging to hear audiophalanx say he likes it a little more than izotopes insight .

......., Other options ive also tried is the "VST" version of Nugen Visualizer ...,

ie ; Via the Bluecat Patchwork plug-in ......., and it crashed Pro tools also
Old 06-24-2014, 08:15 AM

Hi Guy's

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the demo version and had No Problem testing it. When I purchased the full version for iLok it crashed the AAX plugin on exit and subsequently ProTools. I also have Steinbergs Nuendo 6 setup and it crashes on there also.

The issue does appear to be around the NVIDIA cards. Both my PC's have NVIDIA and each one behaves differently. The advantage with Nuendo is that I have both the VST2 and VST3 plugins. VST3 fails whilst the VST2 plugin works.

Francesco at NUGEN was again helpful in identifying the NVIDIA cards as the issue and is looking at BETA's for me to try at some point.

Here's hoping!

Regards

iburwell