Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 07-27-2010, 08:43 AM

Default Playing Transfuser pads with controller

How can I set up the trigger pads or the drum pads in the Dum module in Transfuser so that I can play individual drum notes from my controllers' drum pads? I can't get the trigger pads in Transfuser to play just individual notes even after setting them up and assigning them the way it says in the manual on page 34 with the drop down choice menu. When I hit any pad or note on either controller it sends a note on message instead to the green play buttons on the Transfuser tracks so that it plays the loop and I want to play individual slices. It must be Transfuser because they work fine in Structure, Boom, etc.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Playing Transfuser pads with controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothboy View Post
How can I set up the trigger pads or the drum pads in the Dum module in Transfuser so that I can play individual drum notes from my controllers' drum pads? I can't get the trigger pads in Transfuser to play just individual notes even after setting them up and assigning them the way it says in the manual on page 34 with the drop down choice menu. When I hit any pad or note on either controller it sends a note on message instead to the green play buttons on the Transfuser tracks so that it plays the loop and I want to play individual slices. It must be Transfuser because they work fine in Structure, Boom, etc.
Right mouse click on any pad and then assign it to either a loop or a one shot drum hit.

Make sure that the track you are using has 'play pads' set in the note range window.

Video here View My Video

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 PM

Bless you Russ Hughes you're a good man. Thank you ever so much for this. I had taken the manual to the beach and looked it over ...found the "Play pads" in the sequencer...but it was the drum pads on the novation controller that I needed to re-assign in the controllers' PT template as they were setup for Boom and other drumsets at C1-G1 and Transfuser starts at C2.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I wish AVID offered the same amount of support.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothboy View Post
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I wish AVID offered the same amount of support.
Dream on!

Founder of the Expert Sites.