Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-17-2021, 04:44 AM
simon.a.billington simon.a.billington is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 842
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Ik has also put a version of this in Mixbox and there are, of course, any Leslie speaker emulation that this pedal is supposedly trying to emulate.

In all reality, the Univibe does tend to have it's own unique sonic identity, so the latter suggestion may not be that helpful to you.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-17-2021, 05:09 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,462
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Ik has also put a version of this in Mixbox and there are, of course, any Leslie speaker emulation that this pedal is supposedly trying to emulate.

In all reality, the Univibe does tend to have it's own unique sonic identity, so the latter suggestion may not be that helpful to you.
The Leslie sound and Univibe sound are two different sounds.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-18-2021, 03:33 AM
Stephen Bond's Avatar
Stephen Bond Stephen Bond is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,352
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Can't remember if the Bias FX 2 version was mentioned?



Either way, I just bought the bundle so checking it out. Nice tones, although I must admit I have never owned a Shin-Ei

Not sure if I am in a hurry to recommend Positive Grid. The sounds are great but the company's attention to detail and bug fixing seems lack lustre.

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 10.51.17.jpg (49.2 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Save an additional 10% off any purchase at Waves!

https://www.waves.com/r/9zsnwd
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM
simon.a.billington simon.a.billington is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 842
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The Leslie sound and Univibe sound are two different sounds.
Yeah thats what I was saying. It's just the original concept all those years back was to replicate the Leslie effect in a pedal. In attempting to do so they ended coming up with something new with its own identity that kinda sounds like a Leslie.

There are two reasons people usually want a Univibe one of them is to kinda do that Leslie thing, the second is for its unique sound. If you fell into category A then a Leslie emulator would be reasonable suggestion as would something that does a tremolo/vibrato thing.

It would seem you're in category B, however.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,462
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Yeah thats what I was saying. It's just the original concept all those years back was to replicate the Leslie effect in a pedal. In attempting to do so they ended coming up with something new with its own identity that kinda sounds like a Leslie.

There are two reasons people usually want a Univibe one of them is to kinda do that Leslie thing, the second is for its unique sound. If you fell into category A then a Leslie emulator would be reasonable suggestion as would something that does a tremolo/vibrato thing.

It would seem you're in category B, however.
Definitely in category B. I have a separate Leslie emulation from PSP that does that function quite well.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Today, 04:59 AM
Stephen Bond's Avatar
Stephen Bond Stephen Bond is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,352
Default Re: Univibe plugin

Another vibe to check out with Softube Amp Room.



Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 12.54.51.jpg (44.5 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Save an additional 10% off any purchase at Waves!

https://www.waves.com/r/9zsnwd
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plugin Window is too small cutting off access to most of the plugin GOOOTOOO Pro Tools 2020 7 09-21-2020 07:38 PM
Schoeps DOUBLE MS PLUGIN (2018) SURROUND PLUGIN FOR AAX finally available! bartosz idzi AAX Plug-ins 1 12-16-2018 03:49 AM
Bug: When selecting a favorite plugin insert, the plugin above the one selected opens DJ Hellfire Pro Tools 12 35 08-22-2017 08:05 PM
v control (v2) plugin encoder cannot instantiate plugin screen in PT10.0.1 klyg Artist Series 2 02-29-2012 10:50 PM
Chorus sounds like a Univibe? Karl Houseknecht Eleven Rack 6 06-02-2011 07:16 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com