Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-05-2021, 04:21 AM

Default Backed myself into a corner i think..

Okay basically,

I'm a student studying Audio Production,

Last year I bought a 1 year EDU subscription from an Avid authorised reseller. Activated the code, went through identit-e and everything, was all good and had no hassles

This year I wanted to buy another one, but I found out I had missed the cut off to renew my academic eligibility. I tried to buy a one year subscription through the Avid store, but it kept sending me around in circles.

I ended up buying another 1 year EDU from an Avid authorised reseller, went to enter this and was sent around in circles again

I switched to a monthly subscription, which let me verify my academic eligibility, and have paid for 2 months of this and everything's working fine

Only issue is, I have this code from a retailer for 1 year of protools. On my master account it says I'm academically verified until next year so that's all good. But when I enter this code from the retailer, it says I have to update my billing information to activate it. But I can't update my billing info with a subscription active (the monthly subscription.)

I have no idea what to do with this, I think I backed myself into a wall and any help would be great.

Recap

- Bought a 1 year EDU subscription for Protools from an authorised reseller
- Tried to re-verifiy my academic eligibility after it expired early this year
- Bought another 1 year EDU subscription from a reseller, this didn't work or I couldn't get it verified I'm not sure
- Tried to re-verify my academic eligibility
- Bought a monthly subscription for Protools through the Avid Store, which seemed to solve all my verification academia issues

I guess my question is, is there a way to activate this 1 year code I paid for and cancel my 9.99/month subscription ?

Many thanks,
Have avoided dealing with this for a month but I thought I should reach out, Avid support are offline at the moment so any advice/help until I hear back would be greatly appreciated

Aaron
Old 05-19-2021, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Backed myself into a corner i think..

Welcome to the community.

I see you just started a support case for this so I escalated that. Please look for a reply via email.