Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2022, 06:27 AM

Default MTRX Studio DADmon won't connect to Atmos Renderer

Ive been trying to get audio from my Atmos Renderer but nothing is passing audio into the MTRX Studio/DADmon. If I open a stereo mix I can setup a stereo monitor mix and everything passes audio fine. When I do 7.1.4 nothing I do will create a path from the renderer back into protools so I can hear what im doing. Nothing lights up on the meters on DADmon. Ive watched every video online and im not sure what the issue is. Im sure I have it route wrong but I cant find the answer anywhere online. I have bounced an Atmos master file and played it back in the renderer so everything seems to be good on the Protools/Renderer.

Im on a Mac, PT 2022.5
Old 07-21-2022, 01:47 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio DADmon won't connect to Atmos Renderer

Is your output in the renderer set to HDX/HD Native?

If it is, do you have a monitor profile setup in DADmon to accommodate a 7.1.4 system? You'll have to assign Digilink inputs to the D/A outputs in order to see the lights on the MTRX. Otherwise, audio isn't going anywhere and you won't see or hear anything.

Turn on headphone only mode in the renderer and plugin in your headphones to the MTRX Studio. Are you getting any sound?

Creating a path from the renderer back into Pro Tools isn't the way to monitor with a single-computer ATMOS system and DAPS. You'll need the Mastering Suite to be able to bring audio back into Pro Tools, and it's a workflow that really isn't preferred other than for printing re-renders.