Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-08-2022, 06:06 AM

Default New to MIDI - note lengthen problem

Hi there

I started my first Instrument track with standard Mini Grand. I have my 88 key digital piano connected to play this. Once I lay some simple notes I notice that the note has a small vertical line in front. When I go to move it slightly in slip mode the little line stays and the note moves ether side of it so I end up getting another small piano hit.

ScreenHunter 184.png

Other tutorial videos I've seen don't seem to have this line. Any suggestions would be a great help.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:09 AM

Default Re: New to MIDI - note lengthen problem

I worked it out. I think.

The thin bar in front seems to be a marker indicating the original place the note was recorded.

ScreenHunter 186.png

When I move the note along the thin bar remains but I found I can remove the bar by double clicking.

I was looking all over the net to find this but nothing. Obviously not looking hard enough.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP Audio View Post
I worked it out. I think.

The thin bar in front seems to be a marker indicating the original place the note was recorded.

Attachment 15993

When I move the note along the thin bar remains but I found I can remove the bar by double clicking.

I was looking all over the net to find this but nothing. Obviously not looking hard enough.
That looks like a double note event is being recorded. This usually happens as a result of a MIDI loop or perhaps a MIDI controller sending out the same note on two different zones.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:30 AM

What Marsdy said. You can also look in the MIDI event list to verify this without moving the notes.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?