Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2015, 08:08 AM

Default Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players

I just wonder do Avid intend to make new products like Eleven Rack to guitar player?

I ask this cause now Eleven Rack have been on marked several years already and Eleven Rack have one Expansion Pack and after that noting new.

When you look your competitors they have all kind new product and also some of them have continuos upgrades for their product ex. Fractal Auido Axe products. Now also Line 6 launched Helix. etc. etc.

How Avid intend to respond and bring new products for guitar players (Like Eleven Rack)?

I'm intrested this cause Eleven Rack is nice and good sounding gear to guitarist but need more contents like amps, cabinets, effects, mics etc. and better continuous upgrading for many years that brings more contents to this kind hardware.

It looks now that competitors invest to this sector more than Avid, I hope I'm totally wrong about this.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players

Check out the new Line 6 Helix

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-18-2015, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players

Considering the people that developed Eleven are no longer at Avid, I would think that product is unlikely to be updated.

Fractal, Line 6, and Kemper do one thing, amp sims.

I happen to like the Fractal stuff quite a lot. (full disclosure-I have an artist deal with them)

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Considering the people that developed Eleven are no longer at Avid, I would think that product is unlikely to be updated...
FWIW: It's not unheard of for Avid to bring people back as contractors.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:05 AM

I really like the ENGL sims that plugin-alliance released recently. Avid doesn't need to do it all, you know...
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM

Pigs fly as well. But the team was got rid of. Some are working at a competitor (Line6) who just shipped their version of Eleven Rack 2. Avid has enough other problems to deal with. All that collaboration and First stuff nobody wanted.... Competition in the guitar processor/amp sim space has gotten much more intense since when Eleven Rack first shipped.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:30 AM

I think the point is that such a good box as ElevenR deserves more attention. Couldn't Avid do sell it to another company that takes care of it?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I think the point is that such a good box as ElevenR deserves more attention. Couldn't Avid do sell it to another company that takes care of it?
Can't folks just let it go. It is abandonware and Avid will milk hardware sales for as long as they can (and it's still a great box). There is too much competition out there already... and why would any company want to buy an old platform? And the hardware part of the Eleven Rack/Pro Tools bundle is already driven down to a low price point. Likely unattractive to any purchaser. Another success turned into a failure by Avid.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:43 PM

Yup - getting less expensive every day! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And the hardware part of the Eleven Rack/Pro Tools bundle is already driven down to a low price point.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Yup - getting less expensive every day! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRack
Thats the bundled price 11r + PT
Darryl was on about the 11r on its own…."the hardware part" ...Something like $300 in the USA

In the UK the bundled price is equal to $1100 though