Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-21-2003, 03:35 AM

Default 6.2.2 first impressions

I just downloaded 6.2.2
I'm in work so I could only test it with an MBox and the internal drive on my 867Mhz G4 12" Powerbook.
Initial impressions are that everything is a little "snappier" as most things are in Panther.
A Dave C test yielded only 16 tracks but I think that was as much the fault of trying to record to the internal drive as it was the OS, PT or the Pb. I'll do more testing tonight with my 002r and external drive.
There were warnings about 3rd party plugins needing to be updated but all my DUY Everpack plugins worked fine (thats not to say that others won't work). I think it might be only iLok plugins that need updated but don't take my word for it.
I also tested it with a regular "real" session with 25 tracks 3 Auxs, compressors, gates, 3 ZVerbs, Duy Max, Shape etc. There were absolutely no problems and like I said everything seemed a bit quicker, smoother, snappier. I also bounced to disk with that session (4.5 minutes) and there were no errors at all, so hopefully that bounce to disk bug with the MBox is history.
One word of warning for system admins out there though as Panther has screwed up network connections quite a bit . I would install Panther on only one machine for testing with your specific network or wait for the next update when Apple should have that fixed.
To sum it up ...
So far so good