Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 04:23 PM

Default No Midi firing of modules

SPEC:
Computer: AMD ATHLON 64 2.4GHz
Ram: 2GB
System: WIN XP PRO SP2
Software: PT M-POWERED 7.1
Audio Inter: M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410
Midi Inter: MIDISPORT 8X8/s
Controller: ROLAND RS-70
Modules: MOTIF RACK ES, E-MU MO'PHATT

1st let me clarify that I use Ableton 5.0, and Acid Pro 6 using everything up above except PT, and midi works like a charm.

I create a new midi track in PT, after enabling "Midi Thru", and doing all the necessary setup in "Midi Studio Setup". I setup the track like so: Input-All / Output-one of the two modules w/appropriate Ch. selected.

I get activity in the track meter but neither module will fire. Please keep in mind that the 8x8 works perfectly in all other Apps.

I have e-mailed Digidesign and they told me a series of steps to take: Have the latest drivers for FW 410, and 8x8/s. Then make sure that I dump all existing drivers and folders for the FW 410, 8x8/s and PT M-powered 7.1

Then re-install one by one starting with FW 410, 8x8/s and then PT. Open a new session, create a midi track, set the input to all, and record enable the track, then try inputting midi via the 8x8/s, and still I get activity in the track meter, but no modules firing.

Some of you guys are pretty knowledgeble so let see if you can figure this one out.

Servon