Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Default 12 fader opinions?

Hi. How are users of Mix & control (12 faders) liking or disliking the missing 4 when banking? Or can the 4 on control be dedicated in-place for Masters and VCA's?

Contemplating new fader system.

Thank you for your opinions.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM

Default Re: 12 fader opinions?

I use 2 Mixes and a Control and do exactly as you say, the 4 faders on the Control are dedicated to Master/Submixes/Auxes/Selected Track, etc. depending.

Works like a champ.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 PM

Thank you.
If the 4 faders are locked then the 16 faders (Your system) bank by 16 as expected?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:11 PM

If you have "Artist Control banks independently" checked in the EuControl options, then yes, the Control is independent of the Mix, and banks 4 faders at a time. As others have stated, that's good if you want to keep 4 faders on submixes.

If its unchecked though, then 1 or more Mix's, or a Control and 1 or more Mix's will all bank together, but they still only bank by 8 faders. Hopefully in the future Avid will change that so that you at least have the option of banking by the sum of the total number of faders that you have. I have a Control and Mix, so I should be able to bank by 12. You could set your templates up for either 12, 24, 36, etc. channels and you could easily jump back and forth from end to end with just a few button presses.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM

"Hopefully in the future Avid will change that so that you at least have the option of banking by the sum of the total number of faders that you have. I have a Control and Mix, so I should be able to bank by 12. You could set your templates up for either 12, 24, 36, etc. channels and you could easily jump back and forth from end to end with just a few button presses."

I agree.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 PM

More often then not, in my case the Q is which tracks I do NOT want to bank. My first 4-8 faders are always Master/Rev1/Rev2/Aux and I put them on the Digi002 far left and the vocal-tracks that I have on the far right I double on the Control and let them stay put and bank my 3 Mixes = 24 faders 8 tracks at the time - that gives me super control in most cases… But still the Transport is the key element on the mixer.
To me this is more about strategic thinking than it is about gear.
(Later on I will have to exchange my Digi002 for yet another Mix-unit to keep the same setup, I know… ;-(
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix