Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Application Manager Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesele View Post
Change the RunAtLoad key to false in the com.avid.ApplicationManager.plist file
in the Macintosh HD->Library->LaunchAgents

There is a RunAtLoad key also in the com.avid.ApplicationManagerHelper.plist
but I think better keep that as true otherwise might not work when you start Application Manager manually.

You can change the file with Text Editor but make sure that the extension is plist and not changed to txt or rtf.

(or download Plist Pro http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/ or use XCode if you have that installed)

Jesper
Hi guys, I tried to follow this recommended procedure but strangely when I go to the 'Launch Agents' folder on my MacBook Pro there is no Avid related plist file there. This means I'm stuck with the AppManager unless I uninstall it. Does anyone have an idea where else this file might reside or if it is hidden how I might unhide it? I'm running Mac OSX 10.11.2

Russell
Old 01-14-2016, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Application Manager needs an option to disable launching when booting the system

Same here. It seems like Avid wants you to run that thing by all means. :/ I wouldn't even mind having it, just not as an autostart / background thing.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Application Manager needs an option to disable launching when booting the system

Actually, I managed to find the plist file. I held down the option key (Mac) and double clicked on my main system hard drive icon. This reveals the hidden 'Library' folder and I found the 'LaunchAgents' folder in there with the AppManager plist file. Once you've changed the plist file value to false the AppManager no longer boots on start-up as the post above describes.

Could we not all live longer without Avid and Apple insisting on hiding folders and files and forcing simple options away from the user in the first place? Tedious.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Application Manager Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I checked that also and it's not in the login items.
Same here...???
Old 01-14-2016, 04:23 AM

Thanks a lot, I found it but am not able to change it. I get this error message:

You don’t own the file “com.avid.ApplicationManager.plist” and don’t have permission to write to it.

No idea why, only my account.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrootyruss View Post
Actually, I managed to find the plist file. I held down the option key (Mac) and double clicked on my main system hard drive icon. This reveals the hidden 'Library' folder and I found the 'LaunchAgents' folder in there with the AppManager plist file. Once you've changed the plist file value to false the AppManager no longer boots on start-up as the post above describes.

Could we not all live longer without Avid and Apple insisting on hiding folders and files and forcing simple options away from the user in the first place? Tedious.

Cool I will try this
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:58 AM

Check the Macintosh HD->Library not your user Library.
Copy the file to desktop, change it, then copy back and replace.
You need to enter your password.

Jesper
Old 01-14-2016, 06:22 AM

Thanks for letting me know how to disable the load at start problem. The AM was crashing its GUI, but the APP remained open and would not even be forced to quite (force quit). Took forever to shut down my computer.

AVID should make it easy to shut it off and it should not default to loading at start.

Again, Thanks DUC for the help!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 AM

Okay, thanks will try that!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:31 AM

Just so everyone knows, you can simply remove the two app manager plist files from the Library>LaunchAgents folder if you never want it to run.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control