Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Default Mavericks has broken Eucon....

My machine was accidentally updated to Mavericks...I run it on a Macbook Pro to control my PC workstation, as I think the PC version of eucon is pretty terrible.

Anyway, it seems to make Eucon behave very oddly.
The laptop is set to blank the screen after 30 minutes, but even before that it appears that Eucon starts partially losing connection and becomes extremely sluggish at responding.
Eventhough computer sleep is turned off, it still appears the apps go to some kind of sleep state (appNap is turned off for Eucon and Eucondiscovery).

Any ideas/fixes?

Cheers,

Joe
Old 10-25-2013, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Mavericks has broken Eucon....

Revert to Lion or ML if you can, Avid has not approved anything for Maverick. I fear that's all you can do.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Avid

We have been testing with Mavericks since we had access to it. It is not officially qualified and it is officially recommended that you not upgrade.

Your issues are most likely system specific. I received your email but you did not refer to the above problems. Please email me again with a detailed description of your setup and what you are experiencing.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Good to hear.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 AM

My issue with Artist Control, running Eucon version 3.01 and the latest firmware in Logic Pro X on Mavericks, is this: Transport runs fine as does the faders. When using the encoder knobs to access the pan, inputs, inserts, etc, everything takes 10 seconds to respond on the Artist Control screen. Say you select Pan and then the Pan screen finally shows up, it then takes another 10 seconds for adjustment to start working and in most cases breaks during the process of using it (freezes). This has never happened in the past till I upgraded to Mavericks as I have had a very stable setup with my Artist Control.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 AM

Actually, let me update. I watched the Logic X screen and if I hit Pan on the encoder knob, and even it it does not respond on the Artist Control screen, I can still make the adjustment in Logic in real time. There is a delay of feedback to the Artist Control touch screen from Logic X it seems while all the transport functions are not affected at all. I can also open up the mixer screen, move fader banks, etc, with no problems. I hope this helps the AVID team.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
We have been testing with Mavericks since we had access to it. It is not officially qualified and it is officially recommended that you not upgrade.

Your issues are most likely system specific. I received your email but you did not refer to the above problems. Please email me again with a detailed description of your setup and what you are experiencing.
Hey JC, correct, this issue is a new one since I accidentally got updated to Mavericks. However, the other issue in my email still exists now that I've switched over to Eucon PC (despite my misgivings). Faderbanking still doesn't work, and since Mavericks isn't officially supported I guess there is little point in trying to figure out the cause until a new Mavericks compatible Eucon is released.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Avid

Try clearing all our prefs:

/library/scripts/Euphonix scripts/Utils/cleanEuphonixSystem

Kill Eucon first (system prefs/eucon - press stop)
Run the script
Start Eucon again
Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM

Hello Daniel. I ran the script but also have removed all com and pref files as well and the issue still remains with the touch screen falling behind the actual input feedback from within Logic. Sometimes feedback in Logic X stops as well but this is not always the case. It is next to impossible to open and VI from Artist Control, etc.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Avid

We will have a look.

If it's a display refresh issue it may be OS related.

What are the specs of your Mac? Is it a retina MacBook? Or other? Video card? Etc.