Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Anomolous Waveform Graphic Representation

I have been working with ProTools for years, and today I experienced something I've never seen before. I was recording a VO, and after the fella was done speaking, before I stopped recording, the waveform graphic displayed recorded, on-mic audio where there should have been only room noise. I noticed right away, and took a listen. The audio played correctly up through the moment he stopped speaking, and the room noise played back as expected; but there was obviously on-mic audio being shown in the waveform graphic.

Upon close examination, I noticed that the waveform graphic was repeating itself after a certain point. Even though the audio plays correctly, the waveform graphic shows a repetition.

I seperated and pulled the repeated section down to show it relative to the correct audio, and it is a perfect match, even though listening to it yields only room noise, as it should.

But then I scrolled out just one level, and that made this anomolous graphic change to what it ought to look like - a low-level line of recorded room noise.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It's no big deal, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how this could happen. Any idears???
Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Anomolous Waveform Graphic Representation

Shameless *BUMP*

Am I the only one to have experienced this anomoly?