Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Default MY C/24 IS WILDIN OUT!!!!!!

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW C24 TWO WEEKS AGO.I HAVE NO RIGHT SIDE OUTPUT. WE TRY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE NEW CABLES. BLAMED MY 192I/O. PUSHED EVERY BUTTON. THEN IT HAPPENED....................HAD TO CALL TECH SUPPORT. WE WERE ON THE PHONE FOR 5 HOURS.......... NOTHING.... WE TOOK IT BACK GOT ANOTHER ONE....SAME PROBLEM... THIS IS CRAZY.. NEW D LINK/ D SUB/ CABLES. RAN DIGI TEST ALL PASSED. IS ANYBODY ELSE GOING THRU THIS OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS WITH C24?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Avid

Default Re: MY C/24 IS WILDIN OUT!!!!!!

Where are you located? When you spoke to tech support, which phone number did you use? I'd like to look at the record and see what's up...

My first question would be - do you have IO configured correctly? The C|24 uses outs 1 and 3 for Left and Right, respectively...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:05 AM

THANKYOU FOR THE REPLY... YES I DO HAVE IT ALL CONFIGURED PROPERLY.. I KNEW THAT IT WAS 1 AND 3 CAUSE 2 IS CENTER ON THE C24. I HAVE THE OUTPUT OF THE 192I/O GOING FROM ANALOG OUTPUT TO PROTOOLS IN. AND THE CONTROL ROOM OUT GOING TO MY SUB. MY NEARFIELDS ARE COMING OUT OF THE ALT OUT VIA 1/4 IN. AND IT TOO ONLY COMES OUT ONE SIDE. DID I MENTION THE HEADPHONES DO THE SAME THNG? DOES THE ALT MIRROR THE CONTRO ROOM OUTS?
ANYWAY WHEN I PLUG UP THE OUTPUTS OF THE 192 I/O (VIA 1 AND 2) AND IT PLAYS OUT GREAT (VERY LOUD)
THE REP I TALKED TO IS JOHNNY ANDREWS. AND HE WENT THROUGH EVERY POSSIBLE THING HE COULD THINK OF.

THE STUDIO IS IN ATLANTA OFF OF 20 EAST. I WORK FOR JAGGED EDGE AS ONE OF THE MAIN ENGINEERS AND I CAN'T MIX SO THEY ARE LOSING THEIR MIND CAUSE THE NEW SINGLE JERMAINE DUPREE WANT READY FOR A JUNE
RELEASE. NOT YOUR PROBLEM BUT AFTER SPENDING ALL THIS MONEY ON HD SYSTEM AND A NEW BOARD... IM STUCK.

IF SOMEONE CAN COME OUT AND JUST TAKE A LOOK AT IT FOR ME... IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPECIATED!!! ILL PAY IF I HAVE TO!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Avid

You need to make sure that the I/O setup for output is set to 1 and 3.
If you go to Setup > I/O... then click the output tab, A 1-2 will have a 'L' and 'R' under Picture of the 192 Analog 1-2. Move the 'R' to Analog 3, then uncheck the box next to A 3-4 or delete the path since you cannot have overlapping paths. Click OK, and you should be good.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Avid

I just spoke to Johnny and to the tech you spoke to and, the last they left this, it was working and the problem was due to an incorrect IO Setup (the same thing livesoundguy is referring to). There was also some question about whether the 192 was calibrated properly, but that was secondary to your main issue.

Is this no longer the case? If so, what changed between speaking to Johnny and/or the tech and now? I'm a little unclear why the C|24 was returned, as the problem with output was resolved per the techs notes and the only thing that was outstanding was the lower level output on the right side, which probably was the calibration issue with the 192.

Also, I only see the one call to a tech here, which lasted about 35 minutes. Did you speak to another tech at some point, as I don't show any further calls that would have lasted 5 hours. If so, which phone number did you use when calling in? I looked for previous calls from the phone number on the current record, as well as your email address, but didn't see any.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM

it was the 650 area code. i forgot his name. the first c24 was returned b4 talking to johnny. the calibration is not the issue as i took the 192 in the a room and it worked fine. what would be the difference in the two systems? both hd2 with 192"s.. it still comes up low on one side in my room
Old 02-14-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesoundguy View Post
You need to make sure that the I/O setup for output is set to 1 and 3.
If you go to Setup > I/O... then click the output tab, A 1-2 will have a 'L' and 'R' under Picture of the 192 Analog 1-2. Move the 'R' to Analog 3, then uncheck the box next to A 3-4 or delete the path since you cannot have overlapping paths. Click OK, and you should be good.
Im having the same problem with my setup right now only the left side plays im not getting any sound at all from the right side I was on hold for a long time with digi. Im stressed out and losing money Im using the digi002 for now with my control 24 can some body help me figure this out even in the head phone it does the same thing. I have done evrything possible checked all the cable and made sure there configured right. Left and Right on the control 24 are 1 and 2, 3 is center, 4 is the sub , 5 is Ls, 6 is Rs, 7and are my Alternates.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Default Re: MY C/24 IS FINE I JUST CANT READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLES SDPBEATZ View Post
Im having the same problem with my setup right now only the left side plays im not getting any sound at all from the right side I was on hold for a long time with digi. Im stressed out and losing money Im using the digi002 for now with my control 24 can some body help me figure this out even in the head phone it does the same thing. I have done evrything possible checked all the cable and made sure there configured right. Left and Right on the control 24 are 1 and 2, 3 is center, 4 is the sub , 5 is Ls, 6 is Rs, 7and are my Alternates.
1L 2C 3R AND MAKE I/O THIS AS WELL
I cant get my self to understand how this is over looked time and time again. Its spelled out so clear in the books and is repeated here over and over again. Frankly its a assbackwards way, I know, but it is spelled out in so many ways. Look guys it is laid out and illustrated in cell blocks in the book.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Default Re: MY C/24 IS FINE I JUST CANT READ

I resolved to using 2 D-sub to XLR (m/f) for the LR should equal 1&2 oddity of the C/24.

i.e.
192 I/O out (Dsub-XLRm#1) to another Dsub (#2XLRf>Dsub)
rearranged Outputs:
1=1(L), 2=3(R), 3=2(C), 4=6(Lfe), 5=4(Ls), 6=5(Rs) > to the C/24 [from PT's output] (Input)

All my sessions come in LR = out 1&2 and any surround I get uses SMPTE LRCLfLsRs
The extra cable is well worth not having to keep changing I/O settings.

C/24, PPC Dual 2.7, HD3 PT's8cs1

Also note each C/24 monitor out can be gain modified.

Good Luck Atlanta.
TC Detroit

PS for STYLES SDPBEATZ I believe the C/24 and Control 24 have different monitor schemes.