Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 10:49 PM

Default Popping/clicking as soon as DAE loads?

Hello all.

I'm very new at HDR, so forgive me if this seems like a simple or odd question. I've installed a Delta 1010LT sound card in a G4 Dual 450's with 384MB of RAM running 9.0.4.

When I have the Delta card selected as my 'Sound In' source in the Sound Control Panel, whenever I launch ProToolsFree a loud, obvious, quick clicking sound commences and doesn't stop. It seems to start exactly as the DAE starts during the PT startup process. After starting a new session, I also can't get PT to see any input from the sound card's inputs.

As a test, I launched a demo copy of BIAS's "Deck" recording software and I can use the inputs from the Delta card just fine... no clicking there.

Any ideas? Does anyone currently use PTFree with a Delta sound card? Thanks in advance.

-js
Old 01-18-2002, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Popping/clicking as soon as DAE loads?

Maybe the Delta 1010LT sound card isn't totally compatible with ProTools free (do you use the latest driver?). There are only a small number of compatible sound card and USB interfaces. For more infos, see here: http://digiprotools.free.fr/frame24.html (the english version coming soon... february!).