Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Edit Window Track Sizes in v7.3.1

Hey peeps. I just experienced something strange on ProTools. Its probably already mentioned in DUC somewhere, but I can't seem to spot any. Unless everybody is happy with it....

Is it a default function with new v.7.3.1 that I can no longer focus to enlarge view on Single Audio Track? In previous versions when we select Track View we're given the option to enlarge SINGLE TRACK (mini/small/medium/large/extreme?) and consequently click ALT+TrackView to enlarge or minimize ALL TRACK SIZES? And of course SHIFT+ALT+TrackView to change PRE-SELECTED tracks... On v7.3.1 this is not the case. It changes ALL Track sizes. Am I missing some Preference Option on track sizing maybe?

I work a lot on my MacBookPro and even on this 17" losing that old single track view function is a real estate killer! Kind of defeating the purpose to why I got a 17" from the 1st place. I noticed too that only MIDI and INSTRUMENT tracks can be individually sized to see the Midi Keys being triggered. OK so it might be handy on edit mode. But I just want to be able to view all tracks at once and focus on that one Lead Guitar track or the Snare drums I recorded for editing.

Is there any way to get that old function back with this version or am I not seeing the reason to why DIGI implemented this?
Any input will be appreciated.

FEW DAYS LATER......

Just noted that it seems to be some kind of bug in LE when you open up a session recorded with HD3 set up. I was recording on the Icon. It seem though that only these sessions are affected with the edit window track sizing. Observation also show that its intermittent. Not a huge problem. Worth mentioning to the Tech or Administrator. The Icon was running on HD3 with PT7.3 on a PPC Mac G5 OS 10.4.8.