Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Anyone Successfully using a USD in OSX??

I'm trying to convert over to OSX, PT6.1. Everything working except sync issues. I am getting random loss of sync (LTC), PT will just quit playback and stop the machine. I'm also noticing extended times to sync to incoming code, any ideas??

G4 850 Lot's o' Ram, OSX.2.8, PT6.1
Old 11-05-2003, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Anyone Successfully using a USD in OSX??

Update

Only having problems when using PT as the machine control master. If I control from the deck, pt chases just fine, if machine control is enabled then all H*** breaks loose. I'm using the Gport, is it supported on PT 6.1?? Let me guess, it's not, but is on OS9, Sync or swim I guess...
Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 AM

I've been trying to get the G-port working in PT 6.1 with no success for machine control. Griffin says it should work, after loading their MIDI driver. PT can see the G-port, but it won't recognize the machine (just a simple Fostex D-10 DAT in my case). I have not been able to get the g-port to see a standard MIDI interface in PT 6.1 either, although it works fine with PT 5.1.3 in OS9. Digi-any definitive answer if this will work? I know it's not officially supported, but have heard reports of people getting MIDI interfaces to work with this serial port.

rcm
Old 11-05-2003, 11:23 AM

PT can see it, and for me it almost works, but it just doesn't. I second that, Digi, any answers on wether or not the Gport does, or will ever work?
Old 11-22-2003, 12:12 PM

Quote:
PT can see it, and for me it almost works, but it just doesn't. I second that, Digi, any answers on wether or not the Gport does, or will ever work?
Digidesign only supports the Keyspan USB to serial adaptor for MachineConrol in OSX because our tests showed the Gport and Stealth ports did not work properly with MachineControl.

dc
Old 11-22-2003, 06:49 PM

Danny,

I've observed that when using the SYNC I/O with v6.1 on MIX, PT only recognizes the SYNC I/O if I have it configured to emulate a USD. I have the software configured with all sync peripheral settings set to SYNC (as opposed to USD).

I thought v6.x would recognize a SYNC with MIX and treat it as a SYNC. Is this not the case? Why or why not (curiosity)?

Old 11-23-2003, 08:48 AM

I have been using the USD w/ Machine Control IN OSX with great success. you *MUST* use the keyspan USB-Serial adaptor. Just get it, it's like 79 bucks... and it just works.
Good Luck-

-Todd A.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:35 PM

Just don't use the Keyspan with two serial plugs connected - I tried to connect both my Master and Remote serial outputs to our 9-pin patchbay and my Mac went hogwild. Ouch.