How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2022, 02:36 PM

Default Customizing Pro Tools Audio Bridge Drivers

Has anyone tried this successfully?

I've followed the instructions and can delete the devices I don't want but when I try to rename them they just stay as the default name in AMS - any ideas?

thanks

Customizing Pro Tools Audio Bridge Drivers
(For Advanced Users Only)
You can create, edit, and delete Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices to match your specific needs using TextEdit. Note that the following should only be attempted by advanced users.
To change the configuration of Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices:
1 Quit any applications that are using Pro Tools Audio Bridge.
2 Open ProToolsAudioBridge.config with any text editor (such as Apple’s TextEdit), which is located here:
Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ProToolsAudioBridge.driver/Contents/Resources/
3 Add, remove, or modify an existing line to add, remove, or change the Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices listed in AMS. The first number is the channel count, followed by the name of the device.
4 Save the file and restart your computer.
When you next launch Core Audio after restarting, your changes appear in AMS.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Customizing Pro Tools Audio Bridge Drivers

Works fine for me.

Make sure your folder permissions allow for writing over the config file. Otherwise the OS just makes a copy.

I’ve added, taken away, and changed existing with no issues.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:19 AM

Hi there, I am also trying to edit this but I cannot find the file. There is no HAL directory and if I search "ProToolsAudioBridge.config", nothing appears.

Can anyone offer any guidance to find this? I've tried Avid support but nothing yet...

I am on MAC OS Monterey. Latest Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Works fine for me.

Make sure your folder permissions allow for writing over the config file. Otherwise the OS just makes a copy.

I’ve added, taken away, and changed existing with no issues.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:34 PM

I just did this, worked totally fine.

You have to make sure you give yourself FOLDER permissions, not just file permissions. And you HAVE to restart the entire machine or it won't work.

Otherwise follow those directions exactly and it should be fine. And if you're not seeing a HAL folder you're probably looking in the wrong library folder.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjlambert View Post
Hi there, I am also trying to edit this but I cannot find the file. There is no HAL directory and if I search "ProToolsAudioBridge.config", nothing appears.

Can anyone offer any guidance to find this? I've tried Avid support but nothing yet...

I am on MAC OS Monterey. Latest Pro Tools
Follow the exact file path given.

If you have Pro Tools 2022.9 and can see the aux device in Audio/MIDI setup then those files *have* to be on your system in that location.

Go to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins and see what is there under HAL. This is the systems audio plugins folder *NOT* the standard Pro Tools .aaxplugin folder. -- I'm guessing you are making that mistake.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-13-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomguest.tv View Post
Has anyone tried this successfully?

I've followed the instructions and can delete the devices I don't want but when I try to rename them they just stay as the default name in AMS - any ideas?

thanks

Customizing Pro Tools Audio Bridge Drivers
(For Advanced Users Only)
You can create, edit, and delete Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices to match your specific needs using TextEdit. Note that the following should only be attempted by advanced users.
To change the configuration of Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices:
1 Quit any applications that are using Pro Tools Audio Bridge.
2 Open ProToolsAudioBridge.config with any text editor (such as Apple’s TextEdit), which is located here:
Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ProToolsAudioBridge.driver/Contents/Resources/
3 Add, remove, or modify an existing line to add, remove, or change the Pro Tools Audio Bridge devices listed in AMS. The first number is the channel count, followed by the name of the device.
4 Save the file and restart your computer.
When you next launch Core Audio after restarting, your changes appear in AMS.
Hello
Do I need to change
Pro Tools Audio Bridge config file if I want to use the bridge instead of the Aux IO?

What’s the best way to record on a macOS? 🖥️

The program throws a warning ⚠️ if I try to use Aux IO
says I could have latency